A.K. Entry #4

(A.K.'s POV)

[Age: 12]
[Status: Mute]

'MOM!' I try yelling, screaming. Hyperventilating, trying to claw my way through the inky blank substance drowning me, trapping me. It binds my mouth together, tightening with every tear that drips from my dull magenta eyes. I kept rewatching, over and over again.

My mom trying to run to me, zombies surrounding her, left and right. They roughly grab her arms and shoulder, leaning in to take a bite (oops that rhymed).
"———! Run! Go to the arcade!" My mom desperately shouts through the zombies. I shake my head. I can't do this again! Stop it, stop it, stop it!

I shut my eyes tight, squeezing tears out of my face. I open them again and she's gone. But I can still hear her screams echoing, ringing in my ears. They die down soon enough, quickly being replaced with hollowing silence. The tar-like liquid melts away from my mouth, leaving me stuck and breathing heavily.

A sob rises up and forces its way out of my mouth, tears clinging to my face.
"No, no, no, no..." I choke on my tears, trembling. "Mom- mom please come back- I can't—" I take  a shuddering breath. My head pounds with each heavy sob.
"Please, mom- I'm scared, I'm scared- DON'T LEAVE ME—"

"NO!" I jolt out of my bed, sheets tossed aside. Cold sweat clinging to me and tears freely cascading down my freckled face. My harsh breathing fills the room, fear still striking through me. I clench my blanket tightly, frantically glancing around my dark room.

I curl my knees up, burying my face in them and getting tears dripping down my legs. Sniffling and gasping, I wipe up my tears with my palm, more quickly taking place of the dried tears. My head pounds and I shakily lift my face up. I'm not there anymore, it was just a nightmare.

I'm in bed, in my living quarters, in the Red Army base. I stay with Pat and Pau, they found me at the amusement park.
"I'm home..." I whisper to myself, trying to calm down. I relax a bit before my door creaks open, light flooding in from outside.
"Kid...? You okay in here?" A familiar gruff voice whispers, Pau's head sticking in.

I gaze at him, a few tears still in my eyes and smeared on my cheeks. I'm still shaking, my mom's screams still echoing. Pau flinches a bit before walking over to me. He sits on the edge of the bed and sighs.
"You have a nightmare?" He asks, softly and gently. I nod, struggling to keep my hands still. He places a calloused hand on mine.

"It's okay...you're okay, it wasn't real." Pau says with a small smile. But it felt real. All too real. I held my tongue. With another sigh, Pau rubs the back of my hand with his thumb before getting up.
"It's late, kid. You have training tomorrow, better get some sleep." He says as he leaves my room, closing the door and enveloping me in darkness once more.

A/n:
this hurt to write
I'm so sorry my child—