A.K. Entry #2

another way that I believe A.K. got rescued outta fun dead because I am unsatisfied with the way he left in my oneshots-

(3rd Person)

The small, 11 year old child, cowers at the monsters surrounding him. The disgusting, green, and mutilated zombies inch closer to the shivering kid. He tightens his grip on his trusty AK-47, having run out of ammo only a few minutes previous (not so trusty I guess). He shuts his eyes as he prepares for his final moments.

"PAU! ANOTHER SURVIVOR, GET OVER HERE!" Someone roars over the sea of groans and growls, a series of gunshots following pursuit. Zombie sounds get cut short as bullets pierce their weak points. The child opens their eyes, just a bit. Noticing how the zombies' numbers start dwindling, bodies littering the ground. He looks around, relief flooding his body. No longer in danger, he cautiously stands up, only to feel pain erupting from his ankle.

Falling to the ground, he inspects his ankle. Sprained. He lets out a small whimper, the leftover pain pulsing in his foot. Tears start to build up in his saucy sangria eyes.(I'm sorry- I had to)
"Hey- Pau! I found him!" A tall man, donned in a red sweater and blue overcoat calls, catching the attention of the small child.

He whimpers, fear spiking through him.
"Hey, hey- it's okay! I'm here to help." The tall man says softly, in a reassuring tone. The child sat still, not being able to move toward the stranger.
"Are you alright? Hurt anywhere?" The man asks frantically. The kid nods slowly, pointing to his ankle.

The man curses under his breath.
"Sprained, right?" Another nod.
"Okay, don't worry, my name is Pat and I'm here to help you out of here, alright?" The man said with a kind smile.
"I'll need to carry you, we have to meet up with my friend over there, okay?" The kid nods again, relaxed by the friendly guy.

Carefully lifting the child up and carrying him on his back, Pat starts to easily make his way to the other man, whom hasn't made a response yet.
"Pau? I got the kid." Pat calls out. Looking around, he spots said man on the ground.
"PAU!" Pat exclaims in alarm, running over. Pau groans and turns over, showing his new wound. A long scratch down his eye, glistening with blood.

"I'm fine, I'm fine. It's just a scratch." Pau tries to assure Pat.
"Not if it's from the zombies. We'll have to get that checked out back at base." Pat says with a huff. He bounces the injured child to get a better hold on him. The kid was on the verge of falling asleep. He was exhausted after fighting off zombies for so long. When was the last time he had a lollipop? Food or something to drink in general?

Pat had noticed how thin and frail the child was. He was too light, especially for an 11 year old. Quite bony as well.
"Pau, get up. We need to get both of you to the base." Pat said firmly.
"Alright, alright." Pau said, getting up and holding a hand to his eye. "A chopper should be waiting for us at the entrance."

"Welcome to the Red Army, kid." Pau mumbles to the nearly unconscious child.