A.K. Entry #3

a time in A.K.'s old life

(A.K.'s POV)

[Age: 9]
[Status: Mute]

I hold on tightly to my mom's hand as we walk down the sidewalk. It was one of those rare days where my mom wasn't busy and decided to take us out for lunch at our favorite cafe. I take a bite out of the raspberry donut mom bought me, savoring the sweet and sour flavors.
"You like it, ———?" She asks me with a smile. I nod, a mouthful of donut puffing my cheeks up.

We keep walking down the sidewalk, many kind people waving and also walking with their kids. A street florist even gave me a nice tulip for free! Today seems like a great day—
"Oh-! I'm so sorry!" My mom accidentally bumped into someone. "I—"

She looks up at the person she bumped into. All the color drains from her face. Her jaw drops and her energy disappears in a flash. I look up at her in confusion.
"..Lily," I look towards the man that she bumped into. He has chocolate brown hair and...dark magenta eyes.

Like me.

He keeps calmly staring at my mom's shocked face before noticing me with a flick of the eyes.
"Is this...?" He partially asks, looking straight at me.
"...yes," my mom replies with a sigh. Her hold on my hand tightened. I hold my tulip close to me, staring at this man with watchful eyes. He bends down to me.

"Hey there little guy." I lean a bit away from him. Stranger danger after all. He goes to ruffle my hair a bit (I decided not to wear a hat today). Mom immediately goes to smack his hand away.
"Don't touch my son." She growls with a glare. The man glares right back at her, standing up.
"Calm down, woman." He says calmly. I stare at both of them with slight fear. What's happening right now?

"Come on, ———, we're going home." My mom says firmly, pulling my hand. I stumble after her as we start walking back home, my mom in a sour mood. I look back at the man with the same eyes and hair as me. He waves at me with a small smile. I wave back with slight confusion before being pulled along again.

What a weird day.