Chapter 5: Gratitude

Y/n's P.O.V.

"I will teach you all I know, otherwise my knowledge of the force will become rare, if not extinct; but first I need those parts to build my lightsaber." I reply grabbing his hand feeling a sparkly sensation that's unfamiliar but I ignore it.

"I'll go and get the spare parts we have from my cabin. Do you need anything else?" Kanan queries. "Clothes, blasters, a comlink or thermal detonators?" He raises his right eyebrow slightly.

Nodding sheepishly I reply, "What I need I'll go and buy from a nearby market. I have credits so I can pay for it. My only problem is getting parts to build my lightsaber because lightsaber parts are either hard to find or expensive." I brush a tendril of my h/c hair behind my ear to stop it irritating my e/c eye.

"If you say so. I'll get the spare parts I have and bring them here for you," Kanan states turning to leave.

"Kanan."

He turns back to face me as I jog up and give him a hug, my h/l hair brushing against his skin. "Thank you for rescuing me."

His surprized expression softens as he hugs me back. "There is no need to thank me."

I release him and reply, "Well I felt the need to."

"You don't need to justify your actions Y/N," Kanan states as he leaves the cabin to grab the spare lightsaber parts.

Sabine walks back into the cabin and picks up one of her spray paints. "What was that about?"

"Jedi stuff. Things even I sometimes find confusing," I reply vaguely. "Wait! Do you know what planet we're on?"

"We're near the capitol city on Lothol," Sabine replies spraying paint onto the wall, then placing the paint down.

"Can you tell Kanan I'll be back by nightfall and for him to leave the parts on my bed?" I turn towards the door when Sabine grabs my hand.

"Take this and keep it on you, hidden, for protection while you buy yourself a gun," She says handing me one of her Mandalorian pistols.

I hide the pistol in my back pocket covering it by the extra length in my battered f/c shirt. "I'll be back soon. Can I borrow a speeder please?"

"Yes you can borrow mine. Ezra or Zeb can tell you which is mine."

Ezra's P.O.V.

'What did I see? What is Y/N's true nature? Ugh! This is confusing. I don't know what to do. Y/N is dangerous and I must be cautious. Ugh, more trouble for the crew; and love. What is love?... I'm afraid... Of Y/N... Of Kanan... And of the word love... What is the force trying to tell me about Y/N and Kanan? ... And will this make me an outcast. Ugh! What do I do?'

"Ezra. Are you ok?" A feminine voice says, their hand being placed lightly on my shoulder.

"I'm perfectly fine Y/N," I reply my hands twitching slightly as I try to stop them shaking.

"Ezra it's ok to be afraid, as long as you tell someone so they can help you."

"I don't need your help Y/N, and I'm sure that's not why you're here."

"You're right, it's not. I came here to ask either Zeb or yourself which is Sabine's speeder; she said I could borrow it for a trip to the markets in the capitol city."

"Follow me, I'll show you which is hers," I say leading her to Sabine's speeder.

"Thanks Ez. I'll be back by nightfall," Y/N says leaving the ship, her silhouette getting smaller as she gets closer to her destination.

'It seems I have a new nickname... And I don't mind it.'