E I G H T E E N

the paper fell out of the folder, displaying themselves on the floor.

taehyung just stared at them, blank.

the boys eyes were wide, his mouth hanging open slightly and his arms fell to the side.

"what are you do-" jungkook stumbled out of his room, his feet padding against the hard wood floor after seeing the bright living room light and deciding to investigate. he saw taehyung standing in the middle of the floor with a bag next to his foot although it wasn't just any bag, jungkook realised that when he gave the floor a quick glance before running towards taehyung.

"i-i can explain.." jungkook tried but taehyung had already started walking towards the door.

"wait! don't leave... please? i'm sorry i kept it from you..." jungkook grabbed taehyung's arm quickly, not wanting to lose him just yet. "i-i'm so-sorry."

the tears started rolling down the younger boys pale cheeks as taehyung looked down at the weak boy who was apologizing as much as he could. he didnt want taehyung to leave so soon.

"why."

"w-what?" jungkook looked up, his glossy eyes were wide and red. his eyelashes stuck together in some places due to the continuous tears leaving his eyes.

he was gorgeous and taehyung took a mental note of that before getting back into the right mind set.

"why didn't you tell me you had my bag? you could've returned it. could've said something. anything." taehyung tried asking questions, wanting answers out of the boy in front of him but instead jungkook let his arm go limp and he lets go of taehyungs arm.

"i-i was scared..." jungkook's eyes were trained on the dirty, wooden floor they were standing on but his view suddenly went cloudy and before he knew it, his cheeks were started to get wet.

he was crying. again.

jungkook realised what he was doing. he was crying in front of kim taehyung because he held back a stupid secret.

the stupid secret being that he took his bag and didn't return it. a thing a little kid would do.

"what were you scared of?" taehyung asks, his voice not sounding angered. he sounded calm although jungkook couldn't see his eyes.

he didn't want to see his eyes.

those deep, chocolate-y eyes. one with a double eyelid while the other goes without. eyes are where real emotions stay. heartbreak, loss, sadness, love, lust, hate, sympathy, etc. you could see all of those emotions just by looking into someone's eyes.

jungkook refused to look.

"jungkook. why are you scared?" taehyung was now using a more assertive voice. one that sent shivers down jungkook's spine.

"i-i-" the younger started to tremble lightly. "i just- i r-really like y-you..." taehyung's eyes started going wide. "w-we became f-friends and i d-didn't want to lose t-that.. i-i'm sorry..." the brunettes head was still hung low although he could see taehyung shift his feet closer to jungkook so the older was now facing him.

two fingers went under jungkook's chin and lifted his head up so he could see taehyung's eyes.

"i'm not mad, koo. don't worry." taehyung smiled. he looked... relieved, happy even. "why do you look so ha- woAH!"

before jungkook could finish his sentence, taehyung had swooped the boy up in his arms and started spinning around, hugging the younger tightly.

"taehyung, what?!" jungkook has finally stopped crying, he was now confused as fuck though.

"kook, i've been wanting to tell you this for ages. you know why i drew those pictures of you?" taehyung gave jungkook the biggest boxy smile ever as he placed him down, still bouncing on the balls of his feet.

"i- no, why?" jungkook asked, eyes wide and curious.

"because, jungkook... i-"

people are gonna be like "what the fuck? it's a bAG TAE" but just imagine you're good at art if you aren't already and you're like- really insecure about your art and it's like drawing in a sketchbook and you don't want anyone to see it but someone steals it and looks at your drawings. that's like- personal shit to you and you don't want people looking at it.

anyway, listen to 'Dont Lose Ur Head' - Six. it's a good song even though it's a song that got popular from tiktok