Part 7: Always Something🙄

This chapter is gonna be all about Melody's life and what she went through as a child.

Melody
"Why tf you didn't come help me, you know this child heavy" my mother screamed at me. I let it go and just picked up Princess and put her in her crib in my room. "I heard you I was just getting up. Plus I just came from a funeral."
"That girl wasn't shit no way why do you even care about her anyway? Didn't she use to make fun of you?"
"Mom why would you say that in the first place, knowing we was over cool before she even died. Plus we was on majorette together. Why would you say that?" I said literally crying.
"You know what it's cool" and I walked away I wasn't about it entertain that bullshit coming from her mouth. Then she called my name a-g-a-i-n.
"MELODY ANAYA JANAE JACKSON, BRING YO ASS HERE RIGHT NOW!" And then she wakes up Princess.
"Yes mom" I said trying to get princess to stop crying.
"Ghee how many times I've told you to wash yo dirty dishes? And how many times I've told you to stop doing dumb shit at school" "I'm hearing that you with some boy named Saint and y'all was having sex and shit, WTF DID I TELL YOU ABOUT THESE LITTLE ASS BOYS?" "Stop trying to be fast and try to at least pass junior year." I just looked at her like she was crazy.
"Mom I tried to be nice to you for many years and this right here gotta stop. Like dead ass. You really think I be having sex. Just because I'm 17. Mom you had me at 18. And my brother at 15. Raising two kids is a lot. But you don't gotta put all this pressure for me to be fucking perfect. Ever since my brother died, you been such a reck. Drinking, smoking, and not giving a fuck about your only two daughters. Did you even know that my big cousin rapped me and actually killed my brother? You don't know what tf I've been through. And on top of that taking her to daycare and taking care of her like I'm her mom, since "mommy" is too sick in the head and drunk in the mind to even hold her baby girl. I sware if my brother was here, he wouldn't even let nun of this even happen. Matter fact you wanna know the real reason how he died. He tried to save me form getting rapped by cousin mike. Mike would always play this game with me and it always ended up me having to sleep w/him. Then that same night you passed out on auntie Kathy's couch and you woke up to a bang, yea mike shot my brother and then tried to say I pulled the trigger. And all this happened when I was 6. I didn't even graduate kindergarten without me crying every day and having mental breakdowns. The fact that  I lost my big brother and I got rapped. And now I have to deal with a dead friend that I really cared about the most. This is too much for me to actually handle."
"Plus Saint, yea that's my boyfriend. I didn't tell you about him because I knew that you wouldn't like him anyway. Plus you wanted me to stay in school so much. I didn't even bother mentioning it to you. Oh and Princess, I want full custody for her. I'm the one taking care of her anyway." And I walked away. At times I can't stand my mom. She didn't even say nothing after the fact. My day has officially ruined. I decided to just sleep it off and maybe go over Kira's house. Maybe being with her can take half the shit I'm dealing with out my mind.
My brother,Isiah, is someone I really don't talk about. TBH he was the only one I ever talked to about anything. After he died, I was this quite shy girl that just can't get rid of bad memories. Most people would pick on me all because I was quite but I didn't go mute. At times I wanted to but I didn't. I just hope my mom can change.
Later that day I sat on my bed with princess. Sh e was just smiling at me while I'm talking baby talk to her. Then my phone rang.
Saint
S: "Baeeee" (in his whining voice)
M: "yes goofy" (me rolling my eyes)
S: "what you doing, I'm bored"
M: "I'm sitting here with Princess and go hang with yo brother"
S: "um he with Kira again so you already know"
M: "yea but you gotta be happy for them too"
S: " I'm but I could be happier if you were here next to me"
M: "same and I miss you so much I can't wait to see you tomorrow"
S: "same but I gotta talk to you about something or you want to wait til lunch"
M: "um it's up to you my nigga"
S: "Ight well good night baby and good night Princess"
M: " she said good night and night bae"
Phone hangs up. I just sat in my room with a big ass smile on my face. In two months, we actually made something work. I'm proud of myself and Saint. I just hope this relationship goes how I want it to go.