Chapter 6

"Do I really have to go with him?" I ask my mom. "I think you should sweetie. Its a good way for you two to talk to each other. And besides you dont have to take the old bus." What I want to say is There is a cute guy on the bus that is nice to me. But what I say is "Ya." I get up from the table and give my mom a kiss.My dad went to work and my sister is still sleeping. I get out of the house and Jackson is already standing there. The only thing we have in common is that our eyes are blue. I dont even think our last names are the same. We are looking at each other. I get into the car and he drives off. I don't say anything.

"So." He breaks the silence. "Whats up?" I dont want to look at him. "Nothing. You?" "Nothing." He says. I want to send it at that but then he asks me a question. "Do you know what my power is?" I shake my head. He whispers "I can teleport stuff." I look at him confused. "What does that mean?" I ask. He smiles still looking foward and says "For example, if I forget something at home, I can automatically teleport it into my hands." Thats cool.

I want to ask him so many questions, but I dont think its the right time. When we get to a red light, we are surrounded by buses. I try to look for our bus. What are the odds it is right next to us. I try to duck my head and Jackson notices. He laughs and says "What are you doing?" When I look up I see Max in the window looking at me like he never saw me before.

I am almost sitting on the floor because I am ducking down so far. But then Jackson zooms off. Thank you. "So uhh." He says "Is something going on with you and Max?" 6 seconds pass until I say "What happened with you and Max?" He grins a little, "You didnt anwser my question." I look at him even though he isnt looking at me. "And you didnt anwser my question." He looks at me now and I quickly look away. "But I asked you first." I exhale loudly and say "Its none of you buisness."

Jackson smiles just a little then says "Okay, so I guess I have to tell you what happened with Max and I." I nod my head. He chuckles. "Okay then. When Max and I were little I think I showed him my powers and I told him that I had a sister. Then he got scared and stopped talking to me. But when he saw you that night, he started to believe me." I need to talk to Max. "But how did he automatically know that Iam your sister." he smiles and says "I'm pretty sure that we are the only family with super powers."

I think he is right about that. I ask him "How come you were being mean to me on the bus?" He turns and looks at me seriously. "I-I dont know. I was taking my anger out on you even though it wasnt you that brought me to the foster home." We talk for a little while longer and then we are at the school. He stops the car and turns to me with his are on the head of my seat. "So." He says "Do you want me to drive you home after school?" I get up and open the car. "Umm thanks but I think I will take the bus or something. Thanks again for this morning."

I walk really fast to the school. When I walk to my locker I bumb into Max. He holds my shoulders and says "Sorry- oh hi Violet." He smile and look at the floor. I look like a fool. "Hi." When I look uphe is still looking at me. "Dont worry." Max says "I know that you and Jackson are brother and sister. But I promise I will pretend that your not. Because we are not exactly friends yet." I exhale and say "Good because I need to tell you something but you cant tell anyone." He nods his head.

I whisper in his ear "He came into my house last night and scared the crap out of my family." When I look back into his eyes he looks furious. "Please dont do anything." I say to him. "But he scared your family, he cant do that Violet." All I can say to him is; "Max you dont understand." Because he really doesnt understand. He smiles and hugs me, "Okay." When he lets me go I bumb into this girl. She says to me "What the hell is wrong with you?!" She sounds like a 5 year old.

When I turn around, Max is still looking at me. But then the girl goes right up to Max and puts her hand around his neck. I feel like everything after that happenes in slow motion. He has frown on his face but then she stands on her tip toes and pulls him in for a kiss. I try to contol my anger but I cant. All the power in the school goes out for 10 seconds.