Chapter 11

Dion stands next to me and we are standing behind glass looking at a boy. I dont know who it is. The boy has his hands tied behind his back and he is kneeling on the floor. Then a woman in a white shirt and blue jeans comes next to the boy. The woman takes out something. I cant see it. Dion walks closer to the glass and bangs on the glass. "Hey!" He yells. The woman and the boy look up. The woman is infront of us. She puts her hand up and shows us a gun. Then the woman puts her hand back and fires. I cover my mouth. Dion looks at the floor. When the woman moves, the boys arm is bleeding. But the boy is not screaming. He is just crying.

Dion bangs on the glass even harder. I do the same. Dion turns to me and says "On the count of 3 we are going to kick down the glass." We back up. I look at the glass and the woman is getting closer to the boy. He knuckles are white from holding the gun tightly. "1,2,3!" Dion and I run to the glass and kick really hard. We cracked it a little. Dion and I back up again. And without him saying anything, we both run and kick it down. This time it breaks.

Glass is everywhere. I feel it all over my face. Dion and I look at eachother and then run to the boy and the woman. I bend own on the floor to help the boy up. And Dion goes to the lady. He shoves her agaisnt the wall by her neck. Dion's grip gets tighter and tighter. The woman lets go of the gun. Dion lets her go and grabs the gun. The woman is on the floor gasping for air. When Dion gets closer to the woman, the boy comes into my arms an I hug him tightly. I feel his blood on my hand. He doesnt even complain. I say to him quietly "Whats your name?" He says between quiet sobs "Keith."

"Alright Keith, has this ever happened before?" When I look at Dion, he has the barrel of the gun into the womans head, then he fires. When he fires, I hold Keith's head. I look at the woman on the floor and there is blood everywhere. Dion catches my eye and we look at the woman. I look at Keith at his bright blue eyes are staring at me. He says "Thank you." And he hugs me tighter. When I look around nobody is here. I am in the middle of an ocean. Keith is gone and Dion is no where. "Dion!" I yell. The water is up to my chest. I have to keep kicking my legs to stay above water.

Dion shoots up right next to me and he is breathing heavy. His hair is wet and his eyes are wide. His eyes are a deep blue. He looks at me, still breathing heavy. He grabs my face and says "Are you okay?" I try to smile and say "Ya, I'm fine. Are you okay?" He looks around before saying "No." I turn his face back. "What do you mean no?" He looks into my eyes for a long time. "I dont like the water. I'm affraid I will drown." "Did this ever happen to you before? Maybe if you talk about it, you will get over it." I say to him. He closes his eyes, "When I was younger I was at the beach with my family and I went to far in the water. I really dont want to talk about it."

"Okay." I say. "Just, try and calm down." He grabs my shoulders and pulls me into his chest. I feel his heart beat in my ears. We breathe at the same time. His chin is laying on top of my head. Then the water slowly disapears. I look up and him and he smiles.

I sit in the testing room breathing heavy. I look at Dion and he does the same. I sit there quietly looking at my knees. I feel my hands shaking. "I didnt get the first simulation." I look at him, and I know he has been looking at me the whole time. "I have to shoot that lady everytime. I dont like shooting anyone. I dont even like to shoot the dummy in practice. But I never talked to the boy. I didnt knwo the boy talked." I look at my hands. "His name is Keith. How come you never talked to him before?" "I never got a chance too." He says. We are still sitting here. Dion gets closer to me and says "Thank you." Then his mouth finds mine.

When I pull apart, he grabs my hand and we go upstairs. We go to my room and before I put my hand on the door knob, Dion pulls me closer and kisses my forehead. "I cant thank you enough." With that he walks away with his hands behind his back. I inhale and then walk into my room. I see Jackson sitting on the end of my bed. I let out a small scream. "Where were you?" He asks me.