Chapter 10

Jackson and I sit next to eachother at the table. And Dion sits across from us with some other people that I dont know. Some of then I saw walking past us earlier. When I look at Dion he says to me, "How come your not wearing the dress that was on your bed?" I look at the glass of water infront of me and say "It looked stupid on me." Dion tilts his head, "You wear, what I tell you to wear." I dont even want to start to I just nod my head and look at Jackson. He says to me "I told you." I kick him from under the table. I see Jacksons face turn red. I look at Dion and he talks to the lady next to him.

Jackson and I talk a little about the tests. We talk about it quietly. Its so quiet we are talking in a whisper. "I dont think it was Max that tried to kiss me." I say to him. Jackson bends down even more. We are touching foreheads. We probably look like idiots. "What do you mean?" He asks. "What I mean is" I say "I think it was Dion that was in the test, not Max." "Isnt the test on your fears?" I look at the floor and say "Ya it is, but he controls it, I'm pretty sure." Jackson says "Well I guess we are going to have to check that out." He picks his head up and I do the same and everyone looks at us confused. Dion says "Are you okay?" Jackson gets up and says "No, no I'm not. My head really hurts. So Violet is going to take me upstairs because..." then he falls on the floor. I get up and start to drag him out by his feet. Dion gets up and says "Is he okay? Some one go get the nurses." "No!" I scream "Hes fine. I will take him upstairs." Dion walks around the table and stands next to me. "Let me help you." He grabs my wrist and I pull it away.

"Seriously, I'm fine." He looks into my eyes and puts his hand up. Everyone at the table is unconsious. "Do you think I'm an idiot?" We are still looking at eachother. "What are you talking-" Dion cuts me off and says "I heard what you two were saying. Don't worry, nobody else heard. I only heard. And yes it was me. I dont know why you thought it was Max." I drop Jacksons foot. Jackson is leaning against his elbows. I look at him and he looks confused. Jackson gets up and says "We are going to go upstairs." Dion raises and eyebrow and says "I know your not." Jackson says "Yes we are." Then we walk out. We look behind us and Dion is walking really fast behind us.

Jackson and I break out into a run and run right into the testing control room, with all of the computers in it. Jackson slams the door shut and Dion is banging on the door. I look around to see if other people are in the room and there is nobody. Good. Jackson says "Hurry up Violet!" I look at the 12 computers infront of me. Number 10 is my simulation. I look closer at the person trying to lift my shirt, and it is Dion. I go to the door and say "Why would you do that to me?" Dion stops banging on the door and says "Do what?" Jackson and I are thrown back from the doors because 2 guards come in. One of then takes my arm and the other man takes Jacksons arm. I dont want to get into more trouble so I dont say anything. But Jackson says "Let go of me." They drag us upstairs with Dion infront of us. 

They throw us in Dions room. His room is the same as mine except his room is a burgundy color. The guards leave and Dion says "Thank you." Jackson and I sit on the floor next to eachother leaning against Dion's bed. "What were you saying Violet?" I get up. "I said, why would you do that to me?" Dion walks closer to me. "Do what? Put myself in the simulation, instead of Max? I dont know why you didnt see me in the test. You realized it." Then he looks at Jackson. Then Jackson falls to the floor. "Why did you do that?" I say walking towards Jackson.

Dion, gentally grabs me by the waist. My back is against his chest. "Cant you see, Violet?" He says. I feel his breath on the back of my neck. "See what?" I say looking at Jackson. He lets go of me and I look him in the eyes. "Nothing. Just meet me down in the testing room at 11 pm." After he says that he picks his hand up and Jackson wakes up. "I want you both downstairs in the testing room in five minutes." Then he leaves. I sit next to Jackson and he says "Did he say anything to you?" I look at him confused, "How do you know he said something to me?" Jackson says "Well, why else would he put me to sleep?" I look at the door. "He said nothing to me." Jackson laughs a little and says "That's a lie."

I get up and wipe the imaginary dirt off of my pants. "We should get going." I walk out of the room and Jackson runs behind me to keep up. When he finally reaches me he says out of breath, "Dont we take this test together?" "Yup." I say. We get into the room and sit down in the chairs. Dion keeps looking at me. And I dont want to look at him, but its hard. Dion hands Jackson and I the light orange drink. Then he puts the things on our heads. When he leaves Jackson says "Ready? On the count of three. 1, 2, 3." Then we both drink it.

***

We are laying in a corn field. I get up and Jackson gets up after me. I look around and try to see if someone is out here. "Are you okay?" He asks. "Ya I'm fine." I say still looking around. Jackson starts screaming "Over here!" I look a him and I see a person walking towards us. "Jackson!" I say "What are you doing!? Calm down!" I start to clam down but then I hear something fly past my ear. "Calm down." I keep telling myself. I tell Jackson to do the same thing. I close my eyes and when I open them again we are in a room. It looks like it is made of metal. I try to get up but I'm tied to a chair. I look at Jackson and he is across from me. Jackson says "What the hell is this?" I look around and say "I really dont know." Then on my feet I feel something on my shoes. When I look down I see insects filling up the room. I let out a little scream. I am so scared of bugs for some reason. Jackson sits there calmly and closes his eyes.

I feel the bugs on my arms and on my face. Jackson opens his eyes and says "Violet, you need to calm down." "I cant!" I scream. "Do you want to get out of here?" Jackson says. I close my eyes and say "Yes." When I open my eyes again there is a little boy, that looks like he is about 4 years old. He has a blind fold on and he is sucking his thumb. I look at Jackson, who is looking at the little boy. "What are we supposed to do?" He asks. When he says that, the boy starts to cry. I walk over to him and pick him up. But he is still crying. Jackson walks over to me and stands across from me. The walls start to shake and they come closer to us. Jackson comes closer to me and hugs me. The boy stops crying and then starts to suck his thumb again.

"What is going on?" Jackson asks kind of scared. "I dont know." I say looking at the boy. Jackson and I both squat down I hold the boy closer to me. I say to Jackson, "Do you not like to be claustrophobic?" Jackson says shaky "How did you know?" Then the boy starts to cry again. I exhale loudly and say "You two really need to calm down." I stroke the boys head. I am so mad. I hate when babies cry because then it makes me want to cry. With this and the bugs, I am done. I just want to get out of the simulation. I want to go back in my room and go to sleep. I tell Jackson to close his eyes and the boy stops crying. I close my eyes too.

When I open my eyes again I am back in the testing room.  I take the things off of my forehead and I walk out of the room angrily. I slam the door shut behind me and I go upstairs to my room. I never want to do that again. I am so mad at Dion for doing at to me. I know he didnt really do that but still. He brought me to this place right? Wait, I forgot that I have to meet him in the testing room at 11.

I walk into my room and Dion is sitting on the end of my bed. I stop walking and Dion gets up. "Violet, I'm sorry." I want to cry, but I dont. I look at the floor. He gets closer to me and says "I really am." He takes his hand and puts peice of hair behind my ear. "I will see you at 11." Then he walks out. I turn around to watch him leave, "Dion." I say before he leaves. His foot is in the doorway and he turns his head. "Did you watch the whole test?" He turns his whole body around "No, I couldnt watch it anymore. It was pathetic." I open my mouth to say 'Why was it pathetic?' But I am not mad to say anything.

I walk over to him, shove him out of the room and slam the door shut. I lock it and lean against the door. Dion says "I didnt mean it like that." I walk into the bathroom and say to myself, "Then what did you mean Dion?" I wash my face and change my clothes. I change into skinny jeans and a sweathirt. I let my hair hang on my shoulders. After that I sit on my bed for a little while and do nothing. I fall asleep and when I wake up the time is 11:09. I quickly get up and walk down the stairs into the testing room. Dion is standing outside the doors. He says "You are nine mintues late." I out my hands up and says "Oh I'm sorry I wasnt here at eleven." He whispers in my ear, "You should be where I tell you, at exactly the time I tell you to be there."

He opens the door and we walk in. I sit down in the chair and Dion says to me, "I only have two fears. So we wont be in there for a long time." He hand me the drink and puts the stickers on my head. he sits down next to me and says "1,2,3" Then we drink it and we go into the test.

**