Chapter Ten: "Memories."

Catra's eyes flickered open in her bunk as the alarm of her clock beeps and chirps, begging her to awake.  She yawns, and uncurls herself on her bunk and turns off her alarm.  Patting her hand on the bed, she unknowingly searches for her friend.  Now fully awake, she shoots up from her bed, and sees that she is now alone.  She smacks her head, and sits at the bed's edge, where a piece of crumpled up paper lied, never picked up. 

"Ugh... I had that stupid dream again..."  eighteen year old Catra grunts under her breath as she gets up from the edge of her bed.  She walks to the locker room, and gets ready for the day.  After a good cleaning in the shower, and brushing her teeth, she goes to put her old clothes in her locker before placing her force captain batch on her new shirt.  Her new clothes were scented as if they just came out of the wash.  Her new clothes that Hordak has given her after being appointed the new Second in Command, were deep deep red, nearly black in color apart from the middle of it, which was a blood red color, like someone spilled a bucket of paint on her stomach.  She had a small chest window along with gloves on each hand, and only one arm sleeve on her right arm, awhile her other hand was only given a small sleeve that only reached her forearm.  She places back on her mask that was shaped like an "M" around her face.  Closing her locker, she wipes her face with her clawed hand as she walks back to her room, where Scorpia was waiting.  

"There you are!  Hordak has a job for us!"  Scorpia was Catra's somewhat friend that Shadow Weaver assigned her, to teach her the basics of being a force captain.  And after awhile, the two started to bond a little, and ended up being all they had.  Has her name suggests, she was half scorpion.  She had short white hair, with a buss cut on each side of her head.  Her eyes were a deep brown, she had claws for hands, and a long stinger behind her.  She always wear a deep red jump suit with a small chest window.  The middle of her suit was a lighter shade of red that blended nicely to the other shade.  Much like Catra, she had a force captain batch on her chest that was the shape of an upside down diamond, colored green with the Horde's devil wings painted red on it.  Catra's eyes narrowed at Scorpia before speaking in an almost harsh tone.

"What's the job he wants this time?"  Scorpia smiles her warm smile as she always does, and gets up to greet Catra.

"Well, he wants us to sneak into a village, and find a good place to score some heat bombs."  Catra rolls her eyes at the stupidity of the plan.  She didn't want to do silly chores that involved hurting innocent people.  She wanted to go after the big fish in the tank.  Adora.  Catra felt her fingers clench into a fist, her teeth gritting at the thought of her ex best friend.  

"Catra?"  Catra snaps out of her trance, and stares back at Scorpia.

"You okay there?  It seemed like I lost her for a second there."  Catra waves her gloved hand at Scorpia to wash away her worries.

"I'm fine, just thinking about where to put those bombs!  That's all."  Catra flashes a fake fang filled grin at Scorpia, in hopes of washing away all fear her somewhat friend had.  Scorpia studies her for a moment before smiling, finally convinced nothing was wrong.

"Oh super!  Let's head out then!"  Scorpia uses her large red claw to grab Catra's wrist gently, without hurting her, and drags her out of the room.  Catra stares at the ground, her thoughts racing.  'Why do I keep pretending that it's all a dream?'  Catra thought to herself.  'I know very well that all the things I dreamed did happen once.  So why do I keep pretending they didn't?'  Catra's eye brows relax as she thinks deeper into it, her eyes glued to the metal ground of the fright zone.  'Maybe it's because of what happened?'  Catra's eyes twitched with sorrow as the memory of that day came flooding back to her like a dam of emotions washing over her brain.  She closes her eyes to stop any tears from escaping her eyes, thinking back to the memory of that day.