five

"Thank you so much for finding time to come and visit me, Mike

"Thank you so much for finding time to come and visit me, Mike." Janet told her brother, Michael, as he walked into her home, looking around at what he could see from the foyer.

"Anything for my little sister," Michael spoke, closing the door behind him, "How have you been holding up? You know, since Wayne."

"Well, it was a little hard for the first couple of months. But, then I met someone else and my mind has been a little at ease." Janet then led Michael to the living area, taking a seat in the sofa. Michael took a seat on the one across.

"You've met someone else? Who is he? Tell me everything." Michael was now locked in on hearing more about his sister's love life than anything.

Janet began to smirk and blush just at the thought of him, "Well, we met at his birthday party. I didn't know him well but, Jada insisted I get out the house. I finally met him, Jada left me alone with him, and here we are. He's an amazing friend."

"Friend?" Michael questioned, confused, "I thought you were saying you were an item. Like you've kissed, made love..." Michael noticed Janet's face; her lips were pursed aside while her eyes looked aside, away from Michael. He instantly caught on, "You've kissed him, haven't you?"

"In my defense, he kissed me first," Janet quickly came to defense. "The first time."

"You kissed, more than once, and are still not a thing?"

"We don't want titles. At least I don't think we do." Janet began to think. I'd be nice to be his girlfriend but, did she really need the title.

"And you haven't talked to him about this? Little sis, you have to do better. You like him?"

"Yeah."

"You love him?"

"Sure."

"He like you?"

"I'm assuming so."

"Talk to the man about your relationship."

"Eventually, I will! Look, enough about me, what about you. What's your love life looking like?"

Before he began, Michael gave Janet that look before you spill tea. While hers was steady, his was all over the place.

••••

Janet has invited Tupac over for the night. Michael has already left, he was only in town for this day until 3:00 P.M. the next. Depending on how busy he was, he would try to come and see her again, if not, he'd call.

Janet didn't want to be alone again for the night. It was one of those nights where she'd think about Wayne but, she needed her escape which was Tupac.

At the moment, they laid across the bed, staring at the ceiling. The burning question everyone wants to know is on the table but, Janet didn't know when or how to ask. The room was silent at the moment, only filled up with thoughts. Now may've been the time.