nine

"Alright, who's gonna go first, hmm?" Officer Perez asked, folding his hands

"Alright, who's gonna go first, hmm?" Officer Perez asked, folding his hands. Janet and Sean looked at each other trying to mentally decided who was going to tell it first.

"I think Janet should go first. If I'm correct, because I was the only one paying attention to every detail, BRAD," Officer Perez rolled his eyes at Officer Gordon, "It's more sequential if we start with Janet and end with Mr. Combs."

"For once, you've said something smart." Perez sarcastically spoke. Gordon sighed heavily. They weren't the best partners at all, "Miss Jackson, I guess you'll start."

"Okay... I'll start with two days ago. Trust me, it's valid."

Janet had gotten a phone call. She hopped out of bed to go and answer the landline phone that was built into the hallway. Janet took the creme colored phone off the hook and put it to her ear with no hesitation.

"Hello?" Janet's bubbly voice spoke through the phone. There was no reply at all. It was silent but, the line hadn't went dead. "Helloooo?" Janet dung through the phone in a questionable tone. She shrugged her shoulders and put the phone back into the wall.

Half to her bedroom, the phone rang again. Janet quickly walked to the phone again, taking it off the hook, "Hello!?" She was clearly annoyed at this point. She groaned, "Look, I don't know who's playing on my phone but—"

Before she could finish, the line went dead. Immediately after, there was loud, multiple bangs on her front door which startled her causing her to drop the phone out of her hands. Luckily it was landline and connected to the hook with the curled wire.

The bangs repeated on the front door. Janet ran to her bedroom to get her bat. She brought it up, ready to hit. She tiptoed down the stairs as the banging continued. Janet peaked through her blinds closer to the door to see the short woman she used to call her friend.

Janet lowered her bat and opened the door with an attitude, "What do you want?"

"I'm doing swell, thank you for asking. How about yourself?" Kimberly sarcastically said with a false smile.

"I don't have time for the bullshit, Kim. What do you want?" Janet asked once more, growing more and more annoyed.

"Have you heard from Pac? I need to talk to him about something important." Kim had a seriously worried expression written all over her face. This worried Janet.

"N-no, I haven't. I haven't spoke to him in a week. He said he was going out of state but, I'm not sure where. He won't answer my c—"

"Yeah, yeah. I didn't ask your life story." Kim rolled her eyes, "Look, he could be in real danger when he gets back. I just wanted to tell him to um... be careful."