Happy (Part 1)

Ren and Takashi were walking through the garden together, Ren a little wobbly, the pain meds starting to wear off slowly as he took deep breaths of the fresh air. His mind was spinning with thoughts, most of which revolved around how he just got out of the surgery he had been waiting to have done for so... So long. He was happy, so happy, and that showed in his eyes... His features. His posture.

Takashi looked down at him, smiling slightly before he heard Ren whisper under his breath- "One... One step closer..." His voice getting carried away with the wind that blew past them. Takashi only knew what it meant because he knew the situation that Ren was living daily.

The torment...

The mental strength he had to have to go through this daily...

The physical strength to get out of bed daily.

And he had some form of... Pride... Knowing he could call Ren his friend...

The boy that would smile softly at him every morning before greeting him..

The boy that gets criticized by Kyouya, because the raven-haired glasses wearing boy didn't understand it.

The boy that was once called a girl.

The boy that just took another step forward toward his happiness.

The BOY who Takashi would ALWAYS call 'HE'. 

The boy that other students would 'mistaken' as a GIRL.

The boy who was so... Happily walking next to him.

Brown hair swishing close to his shoulders, teal eyes glistening softly.

Takashi was proud to be able to say that Ren was a friend... Possibly... Hopefully turning into something else sometime down the road.