Chapter 1

N.b * This story takes place in the Narutoverse. All characters with the exception of Chiharu and Kazumi aren't mine. *

   This place that I was currently in would soon have one of the most exciting battles I would have ever seen and I was anticipating it. I was supposed to participate but I wasn't sure if my father would allow me to. I made sure that I was unseen from the moment I started the first part of the Chunin exams up until now to be able to witness the battles.

   I looked at all the contestants and one person in particular caught my eye. His short, red hair which stood out looked cool on him, the big gourd that left one mystified suited him perfectly, his pale, silvery-blue  eyes surrounded with what seemed to be black eyeliner that contributed to the rest of his appearance wonderfully. Such a unique appearance couldn't be pulled off by any other person and I found herself unable to look away.

  I inched slowly towards him, my eyes still glued to him. As I was about to take another step closer I was stopped by...sand? 'How odd' I thought as the sand disappeared. A cork hit my shoe and I picked it up. I realized it belonged to the gourd. The mystery of the gourd was solved. I handed it back to him and he took it, our hands touching. He looked at me briefly and continued to watch the match. I couldn't seem to avert my eyes to the current match.

  He looked at me with a serious look in his eyes and drew nearer and nearer. He was taller than I by just a bit which was not bothersome at all. He stopped rather close to me and spoke.

"What are you doing?"

'That voice. So soothing' I thought as I stared into those pale silver eyes. I exhaled sharply, unaware that I had been holding my breath.

"W-what do you mean?" I asked wondering about his question.

"Why are you looking at me with such intensity? Are you spying on me?"

"Well firstly, how could I not stare at such a lovely person like you? Secondly I'm not spying on you, I'm simply admiring you"

  Upon hearing that, he didn't respond. I blushed at my own remark, mentally scolding myself for being so obvious.

  He didn't look back at me after that. He was about to walk away but I held his hand in efforts to stop him. He widened his eyes at the contact and looked at me fiercely.

"Please let me go"

  I apologized and asked him not to go away. I would've beat up myself for looking pathetic but that'd take some time and he had actually stayed with me like I asked him to.

"What is your name?" I asked curious to know his name.

"Gaara"

'Wow! What a beautiful name' I thought to myself. I sighed in awe at his name getting his attention.

"Do you know me?"

I was about to reply when...

"KAZUMI!"

"Father..." I whispered. How tragic it was for my father to find me when I was finally starting a conversation with Gaara.

"Father?" Gaara repeated.

"We can talk some other time" I said before reluctantly walking over to where my father was.

  What an earful I got for disobeying him and coming to the competition. As much as he was upset it was too late to take me back for it would cause a scene and my father didn't want that.

  My father goes by the name Hatake Kakashi. He's a very impressive jounin who teaches a team of three: Uzumaki Naruto, Haruno Sakura and Uchiha Sasuke. Based on his reactions with them I could tell that he was proud. I wanted to make him proud too by showing him my abilities but he refused claiming that I wasn't ready. I would eventually prove him wrong whenever I got the chance.

"Hey Dad, do you know anything about him?" I asked pointing at Gaara.

"Hm. Not other than he comes from the Hidden Village of the Sand. Why do you ask?"

"Just curious" I replied looking back on Gaara.

  Gaara's turn had come and all my attention was upon him and the fight that would soon occur. Fighting against him was none other than Lee. I was faced with a predicament from the moment I saw the two take their stances.

  Lee was someone I had admired growing up and Gaara was someone I recently acquired feelings for. I had decided that I wouldn't cheer for either of the two to settle my frustration.

  I finally saw Gaara's ability in action. He used his sand as a means of defense against Lee's attacks. It got more interesting when Lee's speed increased and the sand couldn't compete with it. He unleashed his weapon "Primary Lotus" leaving many to think that Gaara was finished.

"Nice Lee!" I complimented but it seemed to have gone unheard because of all the shouting surpassed my inferior shout. Just as fast as everyone cheered they suddenly stopped.

  Shock filled the place as they realized that Gaara was actually not the one who suffered the attack but a reanimation of him that was made of sand.

I was surprised. He was amazing!

"Gaara!!"

  Oops. I let out my inner fangirl and earned a ton of looks especially from my father. Even Gaara and Lee were looking at me. I blushed and hid myself from the two. Soon afterwards the two recommenced. Lee looked a bit worn out but he still fought. Their battle was a very intriguing one for both ninjas were more alert than ever. I was so focused that I didn't even process the chatter around me.

   Lee was using some extreme speed and I wondered if he was going to use the Primary Lotus once more. I heard Lee say something about a flower blooming twice.

"Oh no" I whispered upon realizing what Lee was about to do. Lee had once told me how happy he was to have been able to perfect his ultimate hidden jutsu, 'The Hidden Lotus'.

  I watched as he unleashed his greatest weapon upon Gaara. Such a move could result in death and I was certain that not I alone was overflowing with worry and hoping that he was safe. I had also hoped that Gaara was not dead. The ground was cracked up and the whole place was clouded with smoke from the massive destruction.

  I waited in anticipation to see the outcome of it. Lee was battered up and as for Gaara he was still able to move but his chakra had drained quite a bit. His sand slid across the floor making it's way to Lee who gathered every bit of his strength to stand up. He had barely made it when the sand covered his left hand and left foot.

"Sand coffin" Gaara commanded and Lee screamed in agony. I was so shocked. Blood seeped through this body showing the effect of Gaara's jutsu. Gaara would have finished it for good but he was stopped by Lee's sensei, Guy. Gaara backed down and he left the area, returning to where a blond girl was and a brown haired boy.

  They didn't speak to Gaara for whatever reason. I had wanted to approach him but from the moment I locked eyes with his teammates I knew that it was better for me not to go.

  I watched as Lee, being unconscious, was taken away by the medics. I hoped that he would soon recover from his injuries. I turned around to look at Gaara but he had disappeared. I was going to follow when one of the jounins called me. I realized that I had to go into battle against some guy named Chiharu.

  I jumped in the ring eager to fight. My dad was worried but now I had the chance to show him that I could be worthy of becoming a ninja.