Chapter 6

I regained consciousness but I was still surrounded by darkness. I was kneeling on the cold wooden floor, my eyes obviously covered by some type of cloth and bound by rope. I shifted slightly and the ropes tightened as I had expected. It was no ordinary rope.

"So you're awake"

I thought that I had heard that voice before but I couldn't put my finger on it. I pondered on who could have owned that voice.

"If you don't wanna get hurt just be cooperative"

It was that girl! The one who is always with Gaara. What was her name again?

"Now what business do you have with Gaara?" she asked. I was wondering that about her too that I had to get kidnapped. I hadn't done anything wrong to deserve this maltreatment. We could've simply talked it out like regular people.

"Nothing" I replied. I was then hit by a kunai knife causing a cut on my right cheek. I had done nothing wrong. I really hadn't.

"Let's try this again"

I was already tired of this. I was bound for literally no reason, injured for complying with orders and the movement I had made due to the attack only tightened the ropes.

"How about no" I retorted.

"I'm here on the cold floor wondering what on earth I did wrong to deserve this. LITERALLY NOTHING! I conply with your orders and I get attacked. What the heck is that? I answered and I get hurt? Kinda contradictory to your previous words don't you think? I know who you are and I don't know what relation you have to Gaara but do mind that I did nothing wrong or engaged him in anything at all to be treated like this. You don't even know the whole story and you're acting blindly-" I decided to stop talking because I relt tired of explaining things constantly. I exhaled sharply and just decided that I would just close my eyes and calm myself down.

"Then explain why you're always under him"

"Okay first of all I'm not ALWAYS under him. I just simply wanted to get to know him"

"Why?"

"Why not? He's really cool it's just that people don't see it. I'm sure that you do considering that you're so protective of him" Then it dawned on me who she was. It made sense why she was so protective.

"Seems unbelievable that you would just want to become friends"

"Oh well that's true. I don't want to be just friends. I want us to be best friends"

What a total lie! Anyone would catch that lie but thank goodness for the darkness that covered every reaction on my face.

I felt the ropes come off and the place had finally been filled with light. I got up and looked at the person before me. It was the person I had assumed. She stood there, her fan secured in its place, her hair put up in four, her slight smile that she wore to intimidate her prey and she had pretty emerald green eyes. Her villages' symbol worn brilliantly on her head made her quite admirable.

"What's your name?" I asked.

"Temari"

That was it! The name I kept hurting my head trying to remember. This was his sister. They had the same fierce look within their eyes.

I wondered why she had suddenly done what she did and she answered me as if she could read my mind.

"I know you won't run away so let's just get this over with so I don't get scolded for dashing off on my own. What do you think of Gaara?"

"He's really smart, incredibly strong both physically and mentally, he's fun to hang out with, a bit mean but there are rare times when he's gentle with his words, he's a sweetheart if you look deep enough but don't ever consider him weak because what you've seen of him is the lesst of his abilities"

I looked at her and she stood there agape. These expressions kept confusing me. Was I saying things that I shouldn't?

"Oh my. You like him don't you?"

Oops did I expose myself that much? I nodded feeling slightly uncomfortable. I hope she wouldn't tell Gaara that I felt about him like that. He'd definitely cut me off on the spot.

"Well dear, you've really got the challenge. Gaara isn't the type to fall in love. Not even the type to trust anyone" I sighed upon hearing this because I knew it was true. I knew that he just couldn't or wouldn't trust anybody.

"Well go along now. I gotta go back and meet my brothers before I get a great deal of scolding. I looked at her with a blank expression. She was supposed to give me an apology.

"Oh you're not getting an apology from me by the way". I followed after her out of the room and met with the beautiful sight and sounds of nature, the cool breeze and the slightly hot sun. I watched as she disappeared and I just shook my head. I always get in the worst of situations.

The things that can happen when you like someone. I had finally understood Naruto's suffering.

The sun was now starting to set which I enjoyed. The night sky was a beauty to watch all the time. I strolled along the streets carefree when I saw someone covered in all black headed to some unknown place. Since I was nosy I decided to discreetly follow them.

I saw a silhouette braced against one of the tanks which was situated on a roof. The person wearing black revealed their identity. It was some girl who by the looks of it wanted to kill someone. I decided that it was best to observe in the shadows to avoid danger.

She dropped a smoke bomb and that was followed by  several whoosh sounds. When the smoke cleared, all I saw were the kunais on the ground that had obviously been deflected. I saw just a bit of sand and I realized immediately what this girl's intention was.

Something told me to stay in the shadows regardless of the situation that was before me. I watched as he easily deflected her attacks, hardly using any effort to fight.

"You should die!" she yelled as she careless charged towards him. He moved to the side tipping her off of her balance with his sand causing her to fall. She then cowered it fear like a helpless brat. I realized why that was so. I saw one of the ninjas from the sound village laying there unconscious. By the looks of it he seemed dead.

The girl looked at Gaara with fear and rwn away like her life depended on it. Gaara had no sort of emotion on his face whatsoever. He left the place leaving the dead ninja. I thought that was quite weird to leave a dead body that could ve found by anyone. I was going to take it when it suddenly started to disappear and all that was left were particles of sand.

Honestly that must have been pretty scary for that girl. No one would like it if they receive a stare like daggers of death. Well it served her right for trying to kill him.

I watched as he disappeared into the night after glaring daggers into her back. Despite the current revelation that made it evident that Gaara really had no conscience in killing people, I still found Gaara amazing. In his defense he had his reasons. People would think I'm insane but I was just uncovering the special things about him and that was through understanding.

I remembered what Temari had said. It would be difficult for Gaara to return my feelings let alone put his trust in me. I wasn't going to give up on proving myself to him because Temari never said that it was impossibe but only that it was a difficult thing to accomplish.