C20

31 December 2018
Eunhwa's POV

"C'mon Eunhwa we're about to get going" Mark said all dressed up in a suit. If you're thinking that we're going to some sort of party, we aren't, not at all even.

We're used to doing this every New Year's Eve. Today, we're going to visit our parents. We spend every New Year's Eve in the graveyard with them, cherishing the New Year and telling stories. Although sometimes there are also tears included.

"Wait!" I said as I dressed up in my black dress. I always wear either white or black there, I mean, neutral colors you know?

I went out of my room, not forgetting to wear the necklace Jisung gave me on Christmas and head outside

I went out of my room, not forgetting to wear the necklace Jisung gave me on Christmas and head outside. "Ready?" Mark asked as I nod. "By the way, is Yerin or the rest coming with us?" I asked.

"No. Jisung has matters to attend to today, Hayeon and Jeno are spending New Year together as well as Jaemin and Yerin. Chenle, Renjun, and Haechan are spending it with their families and Hyoyoo is going to visit her parents" Mark explained.

I just remembered that they have their own matters to attend to. I nod and we head to the graveyard with Mark's brand new motorbike.

We arrive in an hour or so because we had to stop a few times to buy flowers and stuff. Plus, it was quite far from here. I recalled the times I escaped from the orphanage as I went here and cried on my own.

We get off the bike and we walked towards our parents' tomb. It felt so fast and in no time we were already there. These tombs are actually my parents'. Mark's father's body wasn't found after the accident and yeah.

It was sad and all but we've embraced the fact that this is all just... normal. I wouldn't say people because ordinary people aren't us but yeah. We put the bouquet there and sat on the ground.

We didn't even care if it was ruining our outfit. We're used to this thing anyways. "Hey mom, hey dad. How are you up there?" I asked caressing the tombstones. The letters carved on the stone was pretty but the memories weren't at all pretty.

Min Yeonhwa

16 July 1983 - 08 May 2010
Reason of Death: Plague
Spouses: Lee Hyunsik, Han Dongmin
Children: Lee Minhyung, Han Eunhwa
"An amazing, caring mother who will never be forgotten"

Han Dongmin

03 December 1981 - 08 May 2010
Reason of Death: Plague
Spouses: Min Yeonhwa
Children: Han Eunhwa, Lee Minhyung
"The best father in this universe, we will forever cherish you"

"You know mom, dad, I've recently found the one" Mark spoke, sadness lacing in his voice due to the fact that they aren't actually here beside us. "She's Eunhwa's good friend and Eunhwa has also been attracted to a friend of mine too" he said.

"I can't deny that" I bitterly chuckled. "Sadly, the both of them can't come today. My one and only had to visit her parents who are in the same state as you are. They recently went up because of an accident. Her crush has matters to attend to as Crown Prince" Mark said.

"Really though. So much drama has happened ever since you went up there, ever since you rested in peace." I said. I took a deep breath before I opened my mouth to continue.

"I'm not going to hide it anymore. I'm bullied at school, mostly mentally. Even though I did my best and I was even one of the best students around, they bullied me. I didn't know why. I was so lost. But now that I have my friends, I'm not afraid anymore. I'm really thankful for them" I said.

We chatted as I told them about my stories. I told them about how I miss them, very much even. A single tear rolled down my cheek and in a while I was already sobbing. Mark held me as he tried to calm me down.

But a hand on my shoulder made me stop and look back. It was the boy I fell for, the boy I was attracted to the moment I talked with him. "What's wrong?" he asks in his usual voice, but with confusion and worry lacing through it.

"She got emotional over our parents. Don't you have matters to attend to?" Mark asked. "I was done with the whole meeting about me being King" Jisung sighed as he sits down with them. He also didn't care about the suit. Well, he is the Crown Prince.

He sat beside me and the necklace I was wearing caught his attention. "You're wearing it?" Jisung asked taking hold of the heart pendant. "Yeah..." I said. "You see that mom, dad? That's whipped culture right there" Mark laughed.

"Hey, at least I'm not THAT whipped?" I said. "Are you sure about that? Like literally sure about that?" Jisung asked. "And mom, dad, I present to you the boy she's in love with who loves her back" Mark said.

"Oh right. Hi auntie, uncle. My name is Park Jisung, the Crown Prince of the NCT Kingdom who is about to be coronated once I turn 20" Jisung sighed. "And you're not hyped about it?" I asked as he shakes his head in denial.

"Why?" I asked. "It's complicated" he said smiling. Suddenly, his phone rang as he stands up and picks up the call. "Okay then" he said before hanging up. "My father wants me to get back there. I gotta go" Jisung said.

"Don't worry about it. Thanks for coming Jisung-ah" Mark said before Jisung left. "You think Hyoyoo isn't crumbling apart?" Mark suddenly asked. "You see that mom? Your son is also in love" I laughed.

"She's my mate, of course I love her" Mark said. "True..." I said. We stayed there for one more hour before we head back home. It was already evening by now and we were starving.

Once we arrive back, I helped Mark cook some dinner and let's just say that it became a mess in here. There is flour all over the place and kitchenware put in random places as well as the dirty plates and bowls for cooking all in a pile in the sink.

We were about to eat when the doorbell rung. Mark went to open the door and was met by a girl hugging him while sobbing. "I-I can't t-t-take it" she said sobbing even more. Mark wrapped his arms around her, bringing her inside.

"What happened?" Mark asked as he rubbed soothing circles around her back. "I can't take it anymore. I'm too weak" she said still sobbing into his shirt. Mark knew what she meant and sympathized with her so he just comforted her.

A while after when she finally calmed down, a cute puppy approached her, barking with joy. She chuckled and picked it up. "Quartz, how did you get here?" Mark asked. "I brought her with me but she kind of stayed outside" Hyoyoo said.

"Damn I should've taken a video of you crying. It would be worth blackmailing" I said chuckling. "Oh it won't be that easy. I can erase the video while you're sleeping" Hyoyoo said. "Touché" I said.

We spent the rest of the evening eating and chatting. Mark had offered Hyoyoo and Quartz to stay here just in case she ever breaks down again due to the memories. They agreed and they will stay in Mark's room.

After the whole thing, I went back inside my room and did my night routine. After that, I flopped down on my bed and sighed thinking of everything that had happened.

My mind suddenly thought of Jisung who came to visit even though he himself was busy as a light blush crept up to my cheeks.

"Maybe what Mark said was right. Maybe I'm really in love with him... to the point that it's unhealthy now"