C37

23 April 2019
Jisung's POV

I can't believe I'm stuck in this stupid conference and that I can't even visit my precious beloved mate for lunch. I told her about it this morning and she's fine with it but still, I just feel bad that I can't be with her 24/7. I know my responsibilities as the Crown Prince of this kingdom. As my father said, the higher your rank, the more your responsibilities.

It is true. I heard from mom that he was often missing by dawn and suddenly came back by afternoon. I'm just afraid that something might happen when I'm not there or anything and that thought scares me more than anything. My mom's chemotherapy is going well though in case y'all are asking.

But anyways, this conference is going to take long so that's why I prepared coffee and my mentality to face it. "Your Highness? You're spacing out" Jaehyun said and I snapped out of my thoughts. "My apologies, there are a lot of things on my mind" I said. "Now let's continue shall we?" Yuta said and they continued on the conference.

It was just about discussing about foreign trade and all those stuff along with the rules of the kingdom, especially the palace. I was so ready to go back to my room and just sleep or be with the guys but one question in the end caught my attention. "What about the future Queen?" Hendery, the representative of the WayV District asked.

"What about her?" I asked. "Where and how is she going to obtain more education of the kingdom? University?" Hendery asked. "I will ask for her opinion and take care of that but if she doesn't want to go to University then I'll teach her myself" I replied, confident with what I just said. What can go wrong?

"Alright, I think that will be all for now, dismissed" Kun said and everyone stood up to leave. I took my files and my laptop before heading out to my room and putting everything back to place. As you all might know already, Jeno will be holding a party for his birthday and it's going to be at some fancy restaurant because he's also rich.

His mother owns the restaurant actually and cleared the whole place just for her son. Although it'll only be us and maybe a few more people, she didn't mind reserving all the seats for her son's birthday party. I thought of what yo wear for a while before deciding on a white shirt with black pants without a tie. I don't want to look too formal or too casual.

I changed since it was basically afternoon already and I will be picking Eunhwa up from school. I can't believe the conference started at 7.30 a.m. only to finish at 3 p.m. Lucky for me, she was up at 7 so I could tell her about the whole conference. I got dressed and left for her school.

I wanted to walk instead of taking a car so I did. My parents now allowed me going out without a vehicle since I'm 17 already and they believe that I can take care of myself. Once I got there, I saw her waiting outside the school gates, looking around and waiting for me. I smiled as I saw the cute look plastered on her face as I walked to her.

She spotted me and smiled. "Hey, you done with your conference?" she asked and I nodded. "By the way, are you going to university after this?" I asked. "I don't think I have the mindset and motivation to do the whole college thing" she chuckled.

"Then I guess I'll be teaching you all you have to know about the kingdom" I said. "That works for me" she said as we started to walk back to the palace. "What do you think I should wear for the party?" Eunhwa asked. "Maybe one of those dresses the palace boutique made customized for you, one of those simple ones" I said.

She nods and we walk back in silence to the palace. It was a comfortable silence. I had my arm wrapped around her waist as I carried her bag. My father taught me of being a gentleman and I sure am putting use to those lessons he gave me. When we got back, we went straight to our room and I helped her pick a dress.