8

A/N: Look how satisfying this is

Anyway, onto the story- - -Stephen's POV

- - -
Stephen's POV

"Are you sure about this, Tony?" I asked, still suspicious if this was technically stealing.

"It'll be totally fine!" He said in a confident tone, turning away from me as he muttered a few more words. "Plus, if we get caught we're both going to jail." 

I sigh as we walk towards our first victim. It happens to be a small shack, selling bags of various types of popcorn. The guy appears to be a teenager, by the looks of it not done with high school. Poor kid, he doesn't know what's coming. To be honest... neither do I.

Tony sets his backpack on the ground, opened slightly.

"Hopefully this works." He pulls out his phone, types a few things, then dramatically taps his phone. About 60 tiny robots crawl out of Tony's bag, all about a millimeter long.

Before I could say anything, the bots started to fly and connected together in a cube shape, not much smaller than a housefly. They started heading towards the stand, going in through the front ordering window without the teen noticing. Thankfully, he also didn't seem to notice when 60 more small robots crawled through the back door.

"So, what exactly are these nanobots-,"

"Microbots," Tony interrupted to correct me.

"Sorry, what exactly are these microbots supposed to be doing?"  

"You'll see," Why does he always have to be so vague?  

I watch as both sets of bots work together to carefully grab a bag of kettle corn and fly out the back door, to our "secret base" behind the shack. 

"YES!" Tony grabs the bag and lets the microbots crawl back into his backpack. He opens the bag and pops a piece of sweet kettle corn into his mouth. "The sweet taste of victory." He tilts the bag towards me. "Want some?" I reluctantly take a few pieces out of the bag. At least we got something out of breaking the law. 

"There are easier ways to steal things, you know." I motion to Tony's backpack. "Without robots." Tony shoves another piece of popcorn in his mouth before answering.

"I like to be extra." I roll my eyes at the comment, trying not to smile. 

"Are we done breaking the law?" 

"No, this was just level one." 

"Do I even want to know what level two is?" 

- - -

Spoiler: I didn't. 

"Why are we at an ice cream stand?"

"To see if the bots can withstand cold temperatures." 

"What?" I look at the ice cream stand then back at Tony. The latter seemed to be looking daringly at the stand, smirking as he unzipped his backpack. "No." 

"Come on! The FoodFinder1000 is ready for any challenge!"

"Is that what those monstrosities are called?" Tony grabbed his chest, releasing a dramatic gasp.

"Excuse me, they are not monstrosities, they are my children, they all have names." He pulls out one of the bots and shows it to me. "This is Avocado, he's very hyper."

 I sigh as Tony pulls out his phone and types a few things before the bots start moving towards the stand. They quickly fly inside the ice cream chamber when the lady running the stand is taking popsicles out. When she turns around, the bots grab two ice cream sandwiches and fly over to where we're standing.

"Häagen-Dazs? That's one fancy ice cream stand." I chuckle at this statement. He's freaking rich and he thinks that an ice cream sandwich is expensive. He smiles and hands me one of the ice cream sandwich packages and I rip it open, taking a bite of the cold deliciousness. I look over at the microbots, which had all flown into Tony's backpack but one. One bot was sitting frozen on the grass, lifeless. 

"Tony, I think one of your bots died while getting ice cream." I pointed to the barely visible one-millimeter speck. Tony gently picked the bot up, examining it with sad eyes.

"NOT HUNTER! HE LIVED A GOOD LIFE! HE HAD A WIFE! HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO TELL SARA!" He pouted as he sadly picked up the bot and put it in his backpack, munching on his ice cream sandwich, depressed. 

"Where's level three?" Tony looked up at me with some happiness in his eyes.

"I thought you didn't like the FoodFinder1000 gang." He stated questioningly.

"We must avenge our fallen soldier." Tony nodded, now having a determined look on his face.

"For Hunter." He said looking up at the sky.

"For Hunter."

- - -

A/N: Fs in the chat for Hunter