chapter 5

Arrival at the Left Arm:

Seven grueling hours later, the battered car coughed its last and came to a halt. Their destination loomed ahead: The Left Arm. Fortified walls, seemingly impenetrable, surrounded the complex. Two heavily armed guards stood sentinel at the imposing metal gate.

With a deep breath, Thomas approached the guards. "Excuse me," he began, hoping his voice wouldn't betray their weariness. "Is this The Left Arm?"

His question hung heavy in the air. The guards, faces stoic, exchanged a glance. One of them spoke, his voice laced with suspicion. "Who are you? Where'd you come from?"

Minho stepped forward, his voice firm yet calm. "Easy there. We just want to see Jacob. We have a message from Vince."

One guard eyed the other, a silent communication passing between them. After a tense few minutes, a curt nod signaled a decision.

"Open the gate," a guard barked.

The heavy metal groaned as it swung inward, revealing a world beyond their wildest imaginations. As they entered, a sea of armed figures greeted them – a stark contrast to the desolate wasteland they'd journeyed through.

A man, presumably Jacob, approached them, his gaze piercing. "Who are you?" he demanded.

Frypan took the lead. "Vince sent us. He received your message."

Jacob scowled. "And how can I trust you?"

"I'm Thomas," replied our protagonist, meeting Jacob's gaze head-on.
A flicker of recognition crossed Jacob's face. "Very well," he muttered, gesturing for them to follow.

They walked through the fortified compound, the weight of countless watchful eyes on them. It was a city under siege, brimming with armed citizens. The air crackled with a tension that made their skin crawl.

Reaching a makeshift infirmary, Jacob stopped. Inside, a dozen or so men lay ravaged by the Flare. Turning to Thomas, Jacob spoke with surprising urgency. "The doctor will be here soon. We need blood samples."

Thomas froze. This wasn't what they'd expected. "Wait," he stammered, "I didn't say my blood is the cure!"
The revelation hung in the air, heavy with unspoken implications.

To be continued 🙂...

Vote and comment if you like it

.... Love you all Nina 😍😍😊😊💖