The Aftermath

Cassandra stormed out of the hotel and dialed Ashley's number.

"Hey girl, let me guess, you went home with Tony Oller, last night didn't you?" She smirked through the phone.

"Yeah, yeah, I did." Cass' voice was low.

"Um, girl. If I didn't know better, I would say you sound sad. What the heck happened last night? I figured you two would have fucked each other senseless with the way you two were acting last night." Ashley wanted to get all the deets.

"Oh, we did." Cass sighed.

"YOU DID?! WHY THE HELL ARE YOU SAD?" Ashley pretty much screamed in my ear.

"Ash, it was a one time thing," Cass paused. "Where's Mark? How's Mark?" she frantically asked.

"Mark left the club shortly after he realized you had left with another guy." Ashley sounded hesitant to say what she was about to. "Things don't look too good."

Cassandra just stared blankly out into the street; she had made her way to the bus station to get a ride back to her apartment, as she had rode with Ashley to the club and didn't have her own car to drive right now. "Why what's wrong? What happened?"

"Cassy, you do know you were the one who left right?" Ashley said.

"I know, I know. It was stupid. I want to make it right." Cassandra said eagerly into the phone.

"Babe, I'm not sure, you can make it right." Ashley sounded quiet, unlike her at all.

"Why Ash! Why?! TELL ME WHY!" Cass was getting loud and the others at the bus station were giving her looks.

"Mark left with someone too." Ashley spoke real quiet.

"WHAT!" Cass shouted.

"So you can leave with a stranger and Mark can't?! What the hell Cass!" Ashley couldn't believe her right now.

Cass was speechless for a moment. "I....it was a mistake..."

"Was it really Cass? Really? C'mon I know who Tony is! He's famous! Listen I don't know what you two did last night or whatever but I don't think Mark really wants to talk right now. "

"The bus is here. I'll talk to you later." Cass said coldly into the phone and hung up.

Cass just needed time to think. She grabbed her iPod out of her purse and plugged in her headphones. She had no idea what she wanted to listen to so she hit the shuffle button. Leavin' by Jesse McCartney came on. She smiled knowing how much she loved this song. She wasn't paying attention to it until the chorus came on, "Why don't you tell him that I'm leavin, never lookin back again, you found somebody who does it better than he can."

Cass looked at her phone. She paused for a moment and went to the contacts. She scrolled down to the T's, and had seen that Tony put his name in as 'Tony ;)" Cass half-smiled and her finger hovered over his name. She was on the bus, not even home yet, and she felt like she had to call him. It was way too soon, but after the phone call with Ashley, she felt she had no choice. With one last breath she hit the call button. She raised the phone to her ear and waited.

After two rings, he answered. "Hello?"

She sighed into the speaker, "Tony, it's Cass."

There was a silence.

Tony laughed into the phone, "Now that didn't take long did it?"

Cass couldn't see him, but she was sure he was smirking on the other side of the line. "It doesn't look like Mark is just going to take me back like I thought."

"C'mon you left with me. Did you think he was just going to forgive you?" Tony said.

"I....I.." Cass didn't know what to say.

"Just come back to the hotel, I'm packing for my mom's house. You should come." Tony smiled through the phone.

Cass smiled for the first time since last night. "Give me an hour."

"That's what I like to hear." Tony smirked. "See you soon baby."

Cass blushed and remembered last night - every single detail. "Bye babe," and just like that she put Mark behind her. She couldn't let someone as amazing as Tony slip through her fingers.