▹ 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘭𝘪𝘹

LISTEN BEFORE I GO

CHANGLIX⚠️ trigger warning ⚠️suicide

CHANGLIX
⚠️ trigger warning ⚠️
suicide

listen to the song as this is what this oneshot is based off of.

_______________________________________________________

"have you seen felix?" changbin rushed out in an exasperated tone.

the older boy had been looking for his lover for the entire day, after realizing that their fight was solely his fault. he wanted to apologize, but he knew that the younger boy would always vanish to random places whenever they fought.

this time, it scared him.

"I saw him walking in the streets and into a sketchy building," hyunjin replied. "it's the building closest to here."

with no further words the older rushed outside and into the dark streets of seoul. he ran, he ran until he was so out of breath, but he couldn't care less. he needed to make sure that the freckled boy was okay. his, freckled boy was okay.

as he ran into the building and up the stairs, his phone went off.

felix ♡
if you need me, wanna see me

felix ♡
you better hurry

felix ♡
I'm leaving soon

those three texts sent changbin into a frenzy of emotion. did he mean leaving korea? or... the world? he really hoped it was the latter. changbin didn't want to lose someone in his life, though he never thought about how felix must've felt.

changbin rushed up the stairs and as soon as he saw the door to the rooftop, he opened it and saw his best friend, and lover standing on the edge, phone in hand.

changbin slowly walked up to the body, felix giving no response.

"why did you say the things you did?" felix whispered, the tears streaming down his face.

"why did you let me feel deja vu?" his voice grew louder. "why do you never listen to me?"

felix was beyond shouting at this point, which scared the life out of changbin.

"why... why did you make me feel so scattered? and don't tell me that I'm all that matters. sorry can't save me now. sorry I don't know how, sorry that there's no way out," felix screamed, his voice growing softer and more harsh. "but down."

"felix, please! I can't lose you!" changbin was sobbing, as he scrambled closer to the young boy.

"how do you think I feel changbin? I've had so many people leave me, that sorry isn't an option. and I don't have any other way out but down."

"tell my friends I love them, and that I'll miss them. tell them I'm sorry. goodbye."

changbin screamed as he attempted to grab the freckled boy who let his legs fall limp, and let himself float through the air as he fell down. felix felt free. he let his body fall, and he didn't feel sorry. he knew that everyone was bound to leave him, no matter what they all claimed to say. changbin heard the sirens in the distance, but he knew it was too late. he heard the screams below, but he was left in a stage of shock that he couldn't move.

his eyes remained wide open as the tears flowed down his cheeks. his legs gave out and his hand remained on the stone wall while he was left on his knees. the flashes of all the things that the couple fought over replayed in his head.

they were soon replaced with all the things that changbin wished they could've done.

he looked at the messages once again, hoping that everything was just a dream, or an illusion. once it hit him that it wasn't what he had hoped, he shattered.

and so he was left there, curled up in a ball as he sobbed. the sirens faded. and all that changbin was left with was guilt, and his emotions were shattered.

but there was nothing he could do.