9: The Fight at Starbucks

I walked into the bathroom. I guess I was the only one in there.
After I was done, I went to wash my hands and when I was done I looked up and saw Velen walk in.
"Oh hey Piper." She said with a hint of mockery in her tone.

I decided was going to ignore her and walk out.

"Ignoring me huh?"

I dried my hands and walked passed her for the door.

"Oh well to think I was going to tell yo how I got the letter you wrote to Gavin"

I froze in my tracks.

"Lil'Piper has a sweet crush on Gavin" she taunted me.

Then I turned to her. "you went into my locker"

"Yeah. I did." Velen replied.

"But how did you even know about the letter? I never told anyone"

"I think that's something you should asked the one person you trust most." Velen said walking to me. "The person you spend your whole day with"

Velen started to circle me and when she reached my back she whispered. "Sophie"

"What! No!" I drew away from her."Why are you blaming Sophie? You're the one who entered my locker and stole the letter." I said defending Sophie.

"Yes. I did steal it. But the day before that, I got a text from Sophie with the picture of the blue envelop and a the text saying "I wrote the love letter like you said. I give it to Gavin tomorrow"

I can't believe it! T-that's exactly what I sent to Sophie.
"See? Even you can't believe it." Velen said. "She sent me the text so that I'd steal it and give Gavin the best confession ever."

"No"

"Face it. Sophie was never your best friend. She never shipped you and Gavin together. She only wanted to see you in pain. She wanted to see you cry "

"Shut up, Velen" I cried and left the washroom.

"Piper?" I heard Sophie call me. I ignored her and went out of the store.

I was going home.

"Piper!"

"Piper! Wait!"

"What is wrong? Why are you ignoring me?"

"PIPER!"
"WHAT!"

She had grabbed my hand and I shook it off violently.

She was taken aback.

"What is wrong? I saw Velen come out. What did that witch say?" Sophie said clicking her knuckles.

"Drop the act Sophie. I now know everything and I can't believe you would that" I said.

The passbyers walked past us. The cars honked in the background.

"What? What are you talking about?" Sophie asked.

"I know you sent Velen the text so that she'd come and steal the letter."

"Listen to yourself. Why would I do that to my best friend?"

"Best friend?" I spat. "A best friend wouldn't back stab her friends and betray her like that!"

Sophie looked hurt and shocked. "And a best friend would trust and believe her friend." She yelled back.

"Then maybe we shouldn't be best friends anymore." I said finally.

"Yeah. And I think that would be a great idea."

And we turned and walked away from each other.

We're no longer friends.