The Truth is Revealed

She nervously looked at me. I reassuringly smiled at her. Harmony took a deep breath and laid down. I held her hand, fully aware that once she started recovering memories that I would see and feel them too. Xavier wheeled behind her and placed his hands on either side of her head. Harmony squeezed my hand. I put my other hand on top of hers so that I was cupping it.

"Ready?" Asked professor. She nodded. He closed his eyes and concentrated. Her hand immediately tensed up, and then I saw what Harmony was reliving.

She ran out of the door. Her head whipped around, she was at gun point. BANG..... She fell flat on her back.

The scene changed.

She was lying on a table. Screams and cries echoed through the metal, underground, lab. Harmony looked up to a balcony. A woman, who favored her, was screaming and crying.

"STOP! PLEASE! THEY WONT LET YOU GO! THIS ISNT THE WAY TO FIND HIM!"

"This is the only way to find him."

"PLEASE! DONT DO THIS! ITS NOT WORTH THEM EXPERIMENTING!!" Her cries faded into the adjoining hallway.

"Are you ready?" Asked a nurse

"I guess." She answered glumly.

"This is going to be more pain than you've ever experienced. Think about the reason you're doing this, focus on it, that might help." Harmony solemnly nodded.

"Harmony Rose. Age 13. Gender; female. Mutation: regeneration." An image was projected onto a wall. It looked like a mug shot.

"She doesn't look more than six." Questioned one scientist.

The scene changed again

She was in a security room where all cameras where monitored. There were two dead guards on the floor. Harmony stared very intently at the monitor. two people were shown outside in the rubble.

"Found you..." She said to herself.

The man in the image picked up the woman. He started walking away with her. Harmony's eyes widened as she saw a man with a gun aiming for them.

"No! No...no...no...no, oh god please no, stop!!!"

He fired. The bullet him in the shoulder. He fell, dropping the woman. Then, he got back up, and charged the man who continuously fired. He jumped over a pile of concrete and a shot rang out over the microphone. The sound muffled the screen, causes it to go fuzzy.

"NO!"

The screen resumed. The man was lying on the ground. The woman let go of the marks men's ankle and he walked away. Her body relaxed and she didn't move.

"No!" Harmony cried. "not you too..." Her metal claws unleashed and she lashed out and the monitor. "ITS NOT FAIR!!" Harmony ran out of the room.

I felt her hand pull away from mine. I opened my eyes. She pushed off the table and started backing up, staring at the ground.

"Rose?" I said. I thought that was a better suited name for her. She didn't look at me.

"Look, I know that-" began Xavier. She slammed against the wall.

"no you don't!!!!" She whispered. Quicksilver showed up at the door way.

"What happened?! I heard-"

"Xavier showed her some of her past..."

Rose looked longingly up at all of us. Her claws extended, they went for her heart.