Eight

A/N - HEYO! Last chapter before the epilogue! HERE WE GO!

WARNING! MENTION OF CHARACTER DEATH!

Virgil didn't want to stay at home anymore. There were too many reminders. Reminders of what happened, and just of Daniel in general. The bedroom, the window, the bathroom. Everything in his house, it was Daniel. Plus, there was the fact that Virgil's parents were being so weird about everything. They were just... acting like nothing happened. Yeah, Virgil didn't want to talk about it at all, but... they didn't have to ignore what happened.

Virgil just needed to be away from the house for a long time. So, he decided to stay with Remy and Roman. They were both in college, so they only lived in a one bedroom apartment, but Virgil was fine sleeping on the couch. He didn't want to be in a bed for a long time, honestly.

Everyone was basically treating him like royalty, and Virgil hated it. Roman was paranoid, and was always checking in on Virgil, even more so when he was at work. Patton was coming over a lot to also check in on Virge. Virgil was pretty sure he and Roman were a thing, but they hadn't announced anything. Logan and Remy were honestly the only ones being calm about all of this. Remy wasn't ignoring the fact that something horrible had happened, he was giving Virgil the space he needed, but was still there for Virgil when it mattered.

Logan was... nervous. Like, all the time. Specifically around Virgil. He blamed himself, Virgil could tell. Which was stupid, Virgil was the one who was too scared to tell anyone anything.

But... what was there to tell exactly? That he was letting Daniel hurt him like he had? That he listened to everything Daniel told him? That he didn't fight back?

Don't fight me!

Virgil shivered, hugging himself tightly. He pulled his hood over his head, tugging on the strings. Everything just... changed. One minute, he and Daniel were happy together, the next, Daniel was arrested, and Virgil was traumatized.

Don't tell anyone.

He... he shouldn't have said anything. He shouldn't have answered Logan's texts, he shouldn't have answered his call that day. He should have listened to Daniel.

Now... now, Virgil messed up everything, and he had no idea what would happen. Daniel was mad at him, he knew that. Daniel probably hated him too... the mere thought of that brought tears to Virgil's eyes.

He never wanted anyone to hate him, especially Daniel! Daniel was... all he had. For the longest time, he only ever had Daniel. Virgil whimpered, clamping his eyes shut.

You're mine, Virgil... say you love me....

Virgil stifled a sob, clamping his eyes shut. He could feel Daniel's hands all over him again, he was holding Virgil down, whispering in his ear. He was spitting out lies, so many lies, they were all lies.... But, Virgil was believing them. He could hear all Daniel's words, he was believing them again, he didn't want to, but he was-

Virgil shrieked when his phone started buzzing. He looked over at it, picking it up quickly.

"Y-y-yeah?"

"Virgil?"

Logan...

"Are you alright? Roman wanted me to check on you, he didn't get a chance to call." Virgil swallowed thickly.

"I-I'm..."

I'm fine, I'm fine, I'm fine. He didn't want to lie like Daniel. He didn't want to be like Daniel.