c.9

i felt a nudge at my side with light wind blowing against my ear, both annoyed me causing me to lazily whack a hand at whatever was doing it, after i'd done that i heard a silent 'ouch' then a little giggle afterwards. i quickly got up realising it wasn't something it was someone.

the person who'd been bugging me was Cameron, he was on the floor seemingly trying to hide away from something, possibly me.

"what are you doing?" i whispered to him causing him to get startled and jump nearly half way across the room. a laugh escaped my lips, it seemed to echo against the walls.

"i was going to wake you up because we have to leave in an hour," realisation hit me and i quickly got up and ushered him out of my room so i could get changed. "y/n i made coffee as well, it's on the bedside table."

"thank you!"

i put on the most reasonable outfit for a paintball event, nothing that could restrain me or get too drastically stained. i whipped the door open with my bag full of necessities and walked towards Cams room, the halls of his house were filled with images of them as a family. heartwarming to say the least. i knocked on his door, but was met with silence. then shuffling across the floor.

the door opened and he seemed to be in a daze, his eyes fixated on my nose causing me to become self conscious.

"is there something on my nose?" i said with a scared voice wiping my nose as hard as i can. he giggled and pulled my hand away from my face.

"no i was just doing something and you startled me. anyways are you ready to go?" i nodded excitedly then pursued in following him to the garage, maybe that's why there's no cars at the front he keeps them inside. we went towards one of the cars that has a grey paint job. seemed a tad bit fancy for him. we hopped in and the car smelt of cinnamon and freshly baked goods. he seemed to be in his own little world as he made the garage open and started his car.

"oh, y/n can you text the group chat, just to see where everyone's at?" he handed me his phone which had been sitting in his warm pocket. he used his fingerprint to enter. i know we aren't on that level of trust yet.

messages:
hey where is everyone?

🐝
me, bordie, jay and anna are
nearly there

Son
me, eric and matt have been
here for like 5 minutes

alright, we're on our way

"a few are there and the girls are heading there now."

"wait which girls?" he seemed nervous.

"oh bianca, bordie and anna. why?"

"i told them not to invite bordie. it's fine. whatever." he started biting his nails, i placed a reassuring hand on his thigh. he seemed calmer after i'd done so. i'm glad i can do something to calm his nerves.

"it's fine, she's a nice girl. i'm sure she won't try anything," i reassured him which he sighed in return. maybe he's still bummed out about the break up, but it's been months since it happened. i understand the love factor but he said he wanted to try again with me. maybe he doesn't like me, maybe i'm just a rebound. i doubt it, he isn't like that.

on the way to the paintball place he seemed anxious, continuously biting his nails, lips and tapping his foot. even if there was something wrong i doubt he'd tell me, maybe it's for the better that i don't know.