c.11

a/n - thank you guys so much for 1k reads it means a lot to know people are enjoying the book !
————————————————————

y/n pov ;

we made it to the closest hungry jacks, i got the usual and cameron got what he wanted. after receiving the food items he found a nearby park, so quaint and cute. the field was full of different arrangements of flowers that protruded a soft smell.

"come on y/n!" cam yelled out to me as he ran towards the closest park bench. i have in and chased him down with the drinks in hand.

the bench was cold at first causing me to leap up due to being startled, how'd it even get through my pants, i thought they were supposed to protect me from coldness.

we ate in silence but i could see every so often that cam would take glances at me and smile, truly made me feel special. maybe it's because there's something on my face that's causing him to have a little giggle. we finish our food and cam gets up running towards the swings. a child i swear. i followed in pursuit and jumped on the swing directly next to the one he wanted. i turned around and poked my tongue out at him. maybe i'm the child.

cam sat down in the swing next to me and stared at me for a little bit before opening his mouth to say something. "y/n, i've been thinking about this for a while. do you want to be my girlfriend?" a dark red blush formed on both of our cheeks. i nodded quickly and pulled him into a hug.

"yes of course i will!" he smiled at my words and when i'd been hugging him he was shaking like a leaf. a very nervous boy, he had no reason to be it was fairly obvious that i had feelings for him since the day we met.

his phone kept buzzing again to which he groaned at, he pulled it out of his pocket and stared at the messages. it seemed as though his heart had sank as tears brimmed the corners of his eyes and his face became pale. this shocked me, i held him close letting him lay his head on my chest.

"y/n... m-my mum s-she," he broke down i raised a finger to his lips signalling him to not speak, i didn't want to see him cry any harder than he was.

"it'll be okay, let's go back to yours. i can keep you company until your dad gets back okay?" he nodded in response as we made our way back to his car. i've never seen a man cry like this, i hope his dads okay.

the ride back was silent which was okay with me, as long as he isn't pushing himself into speaking, he doesn't need to as long as i know he's okay it's fine for him to be quiet.

"do you think my dads gonna be mad that you're staying for a bit?" cam asked in a shaky tone.

"i've never met your dad but i'm sure he won't mind as long as you're okay." i gave him a reassuring smile and put a hand on his shoulder. "it'll be alright."