Chapter#5 "Not Again"

I woke up; Ed was not in the bed. Yes, I was dressed. I made it clear to Ed that I'll lose my virginity until I get married. Ed was ready to go. He kissed my cheek and said:

         "I'm sorry I can't take you with me, I think they don't want anyone to know what's going on. But I'll come back at 7 o'clock and we'll go wherever you want."

         "Don't worry, I can call a friend and she can be with me" I said

He smiled and he left the apartment. I stood up and went to the bathroom, as always, do the same. Take a bath, comb my hair, and brush my teeth. Everything a girl must do. I change my cloth, but I couldn't decide what to wear, I decided to dress casual, nothing big, just shorts and a white shirt, and "Keds". I saw my phone and called Amy, she was a friend from school she got married and moves here, but she didn't answer. So I kept looking and I call Jane, she was a classmate from college and she moved here to study art, but she didn't answer either.

         “What the heck is going on?" I asked to myself.

Finally I reach the bottom of my friend list and saw a name Hope Muller, I remember her as a neighbor, we talked a few times but she was my only exception, I called her, she immediately answer.

           "Jay, finally, how is you?" she said.

           "Hi Hope, I'm fine I'm just wondering if--" I've got interrupt by her

           "If I can show you Ireland? Of course. I'll take you to the most wonderful places, where are you living? I know you came, it's in the news. Well again where are you?"

            "I'm in a hotel, but I can't remember the name" I said

            "No worries, I know where you are it's in the newspaper, well I'll get there in ten minutes be ready" she said

I hang out. She was right, someone knocked my door and it was her. She was beautiful, her light-brown hair, her big and charming blue eyes, and her nice fashion. I hugged her.

           "Hi! How are you?" she said

            "Fine, just let me grab my things" I replied.

I took my cellphone, money and my blazer. I've got an addiction to blazers. We walked out of the apartment, I put my sun glasses on, and we went out, hopefully anyone recognized me. We went to a coffee place called "Starbucks". Hope insisted that we should go there. I ask for a cappuccino since I don't drink that much coffee I didn't knew the others.

We talked; she told me she was working as a fashion designer. That her first collection will be on December. She told me about this guy she was dating, Eric. I smiled and asked her.

         "Eric our neighbor?"

          "Yes, I know you might want to see him but, he's studying in Spain, so he would not be able to come until May."

           "It's okay" I said

Later she told me she left college because she had an offer of working as an assistant of a fashion company named, K&M Inc. That she accepts it and now she's working on her own designs. When at a sudden I saw a face that I haven't seen in years, but I couldn't saw it very well. I was staring at her when at a sudden she came closer and I saw she was Emma. I was scared as a chicken.

"Oh no, Emma" I thought. Emma was Ed's ex-girlfriend and she broke up with him two years ago. She looked at me, and she came where I was sitting.

     "Look what we got here" She said

I stood up and I was so mad.

     "What do you want?" I asked her...

     "Well, I see you're here with this girl, and if you're here, that means Ed is here and he is filming that movie." She said.

      "Get away from him, Emma you cheated on him." I said

      “I did, but don't you feel like the second option? I mean after I leave him he went running up to you."

         "I repeat, stay away from us Emma. We are happy together. Take yourself out of our way. Respect. And leave us alone, especially him." I replied

She walked away and started to laugh. I saw the hour 3:30 o'clock. I told Hope if we can go to another place. She grim and we started too walked. Hope didn't ask any questions. The only thing she said was:

    “Well, let's go to my favorite restaurant, I think you'll like it. It's chicken."

I nod. But I kept thinking, what I should do. Emma is here and she wants to take Ed from me. She is mean. She just wanted hurt me. I should do something about it, but what. I should say this to Ed. Yes, I'll tell him today at night. We got to a restaurant named "Nandi’s”. What a weird name. I saw the hour it was 5 o’clock.

       "I think we'll order and we'll take it home, it's getting a little late." She said

I nod. She orders two "sweet and sticky wings", and ten "Chili chocolate brownies". I stared at her like, WHAT? She smiled and told me:

    "You'll love them, I promise." She paid and took me home she gave me five brownies and one order of wings. I thank her. And got in the hotel. I got into my room and saw the hour 6:48 o'clock. Ed is going to be here in a few minutes. I put two plates on the desk and in the middle I put the brownies and the wings. Ed came in, and smiled.

       "Wow, what's all this?" He asked.

       "Oh nothing, just went to buy some food with a friend"

        "I love Nando’s" He said

We sat down to eat and after a while he asked:

       "How was your day?"

       "Fine and yours?"

       "Are you okay? You seemed weird though"

       "Ed, there's something I need to tell you, today I went to Starbucks with my friend, and I saw... Emma"

He opened his eyes.

      "She didn't hurt or something like that? Did She?" He asked

      "She just came and she's planning to separate us two"

I started to cry. He stood up clean his hands, and he knelt on one leg. He grabbed my face gently and he cleaned my tears.

     "You know I love you. You know you're the only one I see. You know I will always love you. Don't let her come between us two. I Love you and only you. And I will always will. Don't be hurt, what only matters is we and only Us." he said gently.

I smiled. He picked me up. We lay on the bed. My head was on his chest. Ed was rubbing my hair. As I fall asleep and he did too. I just love him for being who he is. He is flawless. My Love.