Chapter#8 "Explanation"

As we got in the room, Ed insist me to sit down, I was nervous of what he would tell me. I sat down, looking around like nothing.

    "Last night, I received a text, it was Emma...”

I hold my breathe and just stared at him, hoping he'll fixed what he said.

   "The text said that I should go and meet her in a court or else I'll never see you again, I decide to go. When I got there, Emma told me to do exactly what she said, I obeyed, we got to Starbucks, she told me to kiss her or else you'll see "The Red Book"."

I looked at him weird, just to know that he met her again, and broke me up.

     "What is the red book?" I asked.

He sighed as he got the little book out of his pocket. The book wasn't that big. The book was a small size was like a page folded in half. I stared at it. The title of the book said, "Burned". Ed opens the book as he explained.

    "When we were dating, we went to a beach house together and we made lots of things there, she said she took pics of it, and paste them here. I'm very sorry, I... it wasn't... my. I--"

I interrupt him.

    "Ed, I don't want to see the book, I'll be hurt if I do it. Anyway your past is your past. I don't care what happened, I think you told me once, what matters is us and only us, but please keep explaining me why I woke up in a hospital"

    "As I was saying, I denied kissing her. She told me that if I wanted to have you still, I should kiss her and burned the book, I got near her to take the book, but she didn't get fool so easily, so I kiss her for four seconds grab the book, and got away, I swear it wasn't a kiss like ours, I barely ouch her lips, I just touched her lips and took the book away."

Ed knelt. He told me to forgive him for what he has done. But in my mind everything was still confused. I took his hands and told him to stand up. He did, I told him to sit down and finish the story.

  "I turned around to run away, and you showed up behind me. You were falling, your cellphone broke, and you fell on your knees. I took you up and I went to the hospital, people told me to calm down that what happened was that your pressure was low, and that you'll be alright, that you just needed to rest a little bit. I took care of you all that time."

I stood up, I didn't feel that bad. My heart was the only one damage right now. I stared at Ed and told him:

   "Stand up, and let's go outside, take the book with you"

Ed obeyed he didn't ask any question. I took a matchbox and oil. We got out of the hotel from the back door, we got to Starbucks, were Emma was there. Ed just obeyed me. With no questions. I told him to throw the book to the ground, he did it. Emma was watching us. I took the oil and pour it on the book. I took a match and lit it, I throw it to the book and it started to burn.

Emma was watching us with disgust. Her face expression was mad, very mad. But I got a problem. The smoke was too hard and I was still weak. So I faint and Ed took me to the hospital again. But this time it was a bigger problem with my head and lungs.