15

Kandice was only 3 years old when she first discovered that vampires were a thing. She wasn't a fan of Damon Salvatore either. He had terrorized her. She remembered being consoled in her father's arms. Kai rubbing her back, telling her everything was okay and that he wouldn't let anything ever happen to her. Even then, he knew that she was his little girl. "Your innocence will truly kill me one day." She smiled, rubbing her eyes. "No, daddy". He smiled. Sitting down, and rocking her back and forth. He fixed her hair, before lightly kissing her and laying her down beside him.

Kandice woke up from a bad dream she had. She looked at the alarm clock sitting on the nightstand next to her bed. It was 7:00 a.m. Kandice ususally woke up at this time to beat the crowds for the showers. That's right. Kandice is a Salvatore school student, and just like Hope Mikaelson, ended up having her own room. "Morning Kandice" one of the girls said. She groaned. Her auburn hair all messy. "Kandice, thank God your up", Lizzie said. Kandice rolled her eyes at her younger cousin. "And thank God for this, because I'm now leaving this conversation". Before she could make her way into the bathroom, Josie stoood in front of the door with an odd smile on her face. "UGH! What is with everyone today?" "Can't I take a shower in peace!?" "Not until you listen to the news", Peneople squealed. Kandice sucked her teeth. "Go for it. It's not like I had a choice anyway." Lizzie continued. "As you know, the anual father-daughter dance is coming up soon". Kandice's eyes widened. "WHAT!" Kandice wasn't happy about this. All the negative things she's heard about her father. "What's the big deal?" "It's just a dance!" Kandice growled. "Just a dance, Lizzie?" "My dad is Kai". "We all know the history between him and your dad." "You and Josie. It's not a good idea to bring him out here. " Lizzie mumbled "Daddy issues, Kandice?" Kandice growled, and changed the subject. "I'm showering. In peace now!".

Kandice loved her father more than anything. He was her whole world, and she would be quick to defend his name despite all the negative things she's heard about him. She was only trying to protect him or was she? Kandice was known for having breakdowns when it came to his name. Some people even deemed her "crazier" than Lizzie. She was suspended from school more than 100 times already for fighting, and this girl was not easy to talk down. She swore she didn't know where she got her strength from, but she knows she does.