21

I could hear laughter. I walked into my room only to find dad and the twins looking a pictures. My baby pictures. "What the hell, dad"? Josie chuckled. "Kandice, chill out. We're just looking at your baby pictures." I rolled my eyes at them.  "So, how  did you get your foot stuck in the shower again?" Lizzie commented. "Haha, very funny. You know what I don't even remember. " I tried coming up with an excuse. "Hey, It's lunch time, and I know you guys are starving, so..." Lizzie looked at Josie with judgy eyes. "Actually, Kandice I'm-" She shoved both of them out of the room before they could say anything else. 

Kai sighed, putting the book away. "Kandy, I'm sorry about last night." She rolled her eyes. "I get it dad, it's fine". She sighed. "It was probably something I didn't really need to know anyway" She smiled. He smiled sadly. "Oh, but it is". She jumped up from the bed. "What?" He breathed heavily. "It's the incantation for the Merge." Kandice was in complete confusion. The merge? She didn't know about the Merge? "What's the Merge?" She questioned. "It's a ritual that the twins in our coven have to go through with when they turn 22.". She didn't register anything until he said "twins" and "22". "Wait?" "What"? he said. "You mean Josie and Lizzie"? He nodded. "I'm taking that there's a catch right?" He nodded. "When they merge" he continued "One will win, and become the leader of the coven." Kandice spoke again "Okay, so why are you so spooked about it?" "Besides, their not even your kids, and plus you did try to murder them. Why do you care?" Kai rolled his eyes. "I don't." "It's just the fact that you're bringing it up." "O-okay, so what's the catch?" He sighed. "The twin that wins becomes the leader, and gains the power of the other twin, while-" Kandice looked at him. "While what? Come on daddy. You can tell me". He hesitantly spoke. "While the other one dies". Kandice's eyes widened. "WHAT!? " Kai spoke. 
"This is why, I didn't want you to know. And you can't tell em, because Ric will have both of our heads." She nodded. "I swear, I won't tell anyone daddy."