Chapter 2

I stopped just infront of my bedroom taking in the chipped wood door and the faded brown paint. I sighed quietly kicking the door open with, my foot walking into the closet sized room. I dropped my book bag on the floor, eyeing my old and worn out blanket on the bed before flopping onto it and crying silently, curling myself into a tight ball. I tucked my body in stiffling my sobs until I heard a knock on the door.

          "Go away!" I yelled assuming it was Joseph.

"Jojo, a you owkay? Its cindy" I heard my three year old sister ask. I stayed quiet watching the fan spin on the celeing as I lay on my back. I made no sound when I felt the bed dip beside me and small chubby hands wipe my tears. We stayed silent for a while until she began to speak.

          "Jo is very pwetty," she said kissing my cheek, "Pwetty girls shouldnt cwy,"she said smiling.

I sat up chuckling lightly, "Whered you hear that from?"I asked quietly."Joe towd me too when I was cwying. He said im vewy pwetty", she said giggling.

          Before I could reply, I heard a gentle knock on the door making both Cindy and I's head snap in the direction. I saw Joe's face peep in and fell back on my bed in frustration.

"Cindy,"he said quietly, "I need to talk to Jojo for a minute. Why dont you go downstairs, mum's back and she wants to see you."

          She smiled one last time at me before bursting out of my room door, down the stairs calling for our mom. I peeped through my fingers watching as Joe sat at the edge of my bed. I eyed the bags under his eyes and his flat messy hair.mI honestly dont see what girls in school see in him. Yeah he might be sick but for the moment, I'd like to pretend he was always this ugly.

          "J-", he started."Leave me alone!" I yelled stubbnornly burrying my head in my seven year old, cinamon coloured, starined teddy bear.

"C'mon, I came to apologise,"he said to me. I kept my back to him and snuggled closer into my teddy bear. I felt the weight on the bed shift and before I knew it, two pairs of identical blue eyes with a hint of green were staring each other down.

         After about a minute or so, i backed down wordlessly letting my head fall on the flat pillow as I turned away from him."I just cant believe you brought that up",I mumbled quietly.

"Im sorry okay?,I-, I just-, I was just really worried okay? I dont want you going b-"

          At this, his voice began to waver and i cut him off turning around to face him and hugged him tightly with both arms around his neck.We stayed silent for a while enjoying the silence."Thank you", I whispered quietly placing a kiss on his cheek."Hey, Im the older brother, thats what were here for,"he jokes.

"Bull! Youre only older than me by a minute!"

"Oh? And how would you know?"he replied cockily.

"Da-", I stopped abruptly looking up at Jo's face. I watched as he squeezed up his face in anger ,remembering our haunted memories. Just as I was about to apologise, he quietly whispered ,"Forget about it."

          I nodded not wanting to continue this discussion either. "Go to sleep," he whispered, "You've had a long day" , he said he stood up kissing my cheek and covering me up in my blanket.

          "If you keep on kissing me I might get a cold like you," I yawned suddenly realising how tired I was.

Dont forgt to vote and comment loves:D
T€S