eight

A few days passed and Connor came back, just to tell me that he'd have to leave and go to Scotland for three freaking weeks, because he actually got that damn promotion.

Obviously I was happy for my brother and I looked up to him since he had a proper job while I just started working at this little store that sold old vinyls, cds and some really cool band t-shirts where people barely came by but I worked on my own for a few hours a day and all I did was sorting stuff or sitting around listening to music and believe it or not I actually got paid pretty good for that.

Connor on the other hand obviously had to climb the career ledder and that meant he had to leave his little sister in London on her own again.

I just brought the garbage out as I ran straight into Ashton, whom I directly snapped at.

"Watch your step man" I said before recognizing in whom I just bumped into.

Ashton giggled a little and I apologized to him quickly as he wanted to know what was bothering me.

"Connor needs to go to Scotland for three weeks and I just can't stay alone all the time because I get frightened all alone."

Ashton pouted a little and suggested that I could actually stay with Quinn and him but I didn't think that that would be a good idea since Quinn probably was still mad at me so I thanked him but didn't take the offer.

~

Connor was leaving the next day and I told myself that I'd be alright on my own but after only 15 minutes of being alone made me freak out so that I texted Luke, who was still at work though and I knew that Ashton and Calum also were and I didn't really have anything to do with Michael and Quinn wasn't exactly a friend aswell so I wanted to just go for a walk but as I opened the door, a quite miserable looking neighbour stood infront of it and it surprised me a lot that it was actually the female neighbour, Quinn.

I offered her to come in and without saying a word she did and sat down at the dining table.

"I think I might be pregnant" Quinn said, sounding devastated.

I didn't know what to do as I had no idea how to approach Quinn so that she wouldn't snap at me so I just sat down next to her and rubbed her back comfortingly.

"He doesn't even genuinely like me back" Quinn said, suddenly sobbing like a little kid.

I continued rubbing her back and said:"I'm sure he does."

Quinn looked up angrily, wiped away the tears that left black stains of eyeliner and mascara on her pale, slightly frackled skin and hissed:"Then why did he tell Luke that he wasn't into me when he thought I was still sleeping?"

"I had no idea, I'm so sorry" I tried to calm Quinn down and she actually calmed a little and sighed.

"Maybe you should try talking to Michael before you jump to conclusions over one thing he said" I suggested and Quinn laughed dryly and shook her head.

"I'm not good at talking"

I chuckled a little, maybe Quinn and I weren't that different after all.

~

Quinn left after we agreed that she should take a pregnancy test the next day and the evening came and so did Luke.

Since we both had no work to do the next day, we'd have the movie date we had been talking about.

As I opened the door, Luke didn't only bring all the "Lord of the rings DVD's, he actually brought some snacks and beer aswell which I really appreciated.