Fourteen

Yoongi Focus

The next day, Hoseok went home with the gods, and declined going clubbing. Yoongi stayed behind with him and they just sat around the living room, drinking some soju and talking.

“Can I know a little more about yourself?” Yoongi asked. “I know you’ve told me a lot, and it’s only been a few days, but I just feel like I want to get to know you, all of you, as fast as I possibly can.”

“I’m not that interesting.” Hoseok said, looking down shyly.

“Nonsense. You’re one of the most interesting and beautiful people I know.”

“B-beautiful?”

“Very.” Yoongi grinned at him. “You’re absolutely stunning, Hoseok. Your personality and your looks.”

“T-thanks.” Hoseok looked down, unable to contain the smile. It’d been awhile since someone had told him such kind words like that. “I think you’re really handsome and especially kind to your friends.” Hoseok said back shyly.

Yoongi paused, but a smile played on his lips, making something flutter in Hoseok’s chest.

He liked that smile.

“I don’t wish to push, but I do want to know more.”

“Um…” Hoseok looked up at the ceiling. “W-well...you already know I was an orphan and you know about the whole gang thing…” Hoseok looked to be searching for something else. “I was actually at the top of my classes, to be honest. Despite moving around from foster home to foster home and getting involved in the wrong crowd. I maintained the highest testing scores in my class.”

“Really? That’s impressive.”

“No one really thought I did it based on my effort. They all thought I’d threatened to beat a teacher up or something.” Hoseok let out a small giggle. “But I liked to study, it was something I always enjoyed, because it was the only time people ever left me alone.”

“You don’t like being around people?”

“I don’t like being around toxic people. People who were either constantly afraid of me and what I might do to them, or people who tried to drag me down.”

“People were afraid of the sunshine Hobi?”

“Yeah…” Hoseok blushed. “I’m actually a pretty good fighter, if I do say so myself. I can hold my own. I had to learn to survive on the streets somehow. And I refused to handle any sort of gun or knife or any other weapon.”

“That’s honorable.”

“I was still a part of a gang.” Hoseok snorted, rolling his eyes. He sighed and looked at his hands. “Anyway...uh…”

“Tell me about your hobbies, something I don’t know.” Yoongi put in, sensing that Hoseok wanted to change the subject.

“Well...I like to cook?” Hoseok offered.

“Really?”

“Yeah...I cook for my boyfriend everyday. It’s nice to see someone enjoying a meal you’ve made.”

“I’m sure they’re delicious.”

“Most of the time they’re not…” Hoseok looked down. “I enjoy cooking, but I’m not very good at it.”

“We’ll be the judge of that.” Hoseok stared up at the god with wide eyes as he approached and pulled him to his feet, walking into the kitchen. “I want to taste your cooking, Seok.”

“S-seok?”

“Sorry, felt right.” Yoongi offered a shy smile and Hoseok smiled wide in return.

“Kiki.”

“What?”

“I’ll call you Kiki, if you’re going to call me Seok. I-if you don’t m-mind that is.”

“No, I don’t.” Yoongi cleared his throat. “A-Anyway, you can use anything in the kitchen. I want to know what you can make.”

“Okay!” Hoseok seemed to brighten up from that and he turned, starting to rummage through the cupboards and pulling out ingredients. Yoongi sat at the counter, watching the man hum happily as he began to cook.

Soon enough, a delicious smell started to fill the room. “If you can't cook, then why does this smell so good?” Yoongi commented. Hoseok blushed some more.

He didn’t say anything in response, simply went on cooking, and enjoying Yoongi’s presence. It felt nice to cook without the pressure of time for once. Hoseok had the freedom to make something he wanted to make...and maybe Yoongi would allow him to actually eat something.

When he was finished, he plated everything up and turned to Yoongi. He sat there and watched as Yoongi picked up his chopsticks and took a bite. His eyes widened and lit up as the flavors melted into his taste buds.

“Seok...this is amazing. The hell you mean you can’t cook!?” Hoseok giggled and ducked his head shyly. That’s when Yoongi noticed he wasn’t eating. “Aren’t you going to eat some? You made an awful lot, and plus we haven’t eaten dinner yet.”

“O-oh, I’m not allow—“ Hoseok froze, his eyes widening. “S-sure.” He finally mumbled. “Just wanted to s-see your reaction f-first.” He stuttered out, turning and quickly posting some food up for himself so he wouldn’t have to speak to Yoongi about the matter anymore.

Yoongi gave him a sad look, but the human wouldn’t even look at him anymore, and he felt his heart clench, coming to the understanding that Hoseok probably wasn’t allowed to eat a lot when at home.

He could tell that the man was thin, almost too thin to be healthy.

Yoongi’s gaze hardened.

He was determined to show Hoseok kindness and love. Give him the things that he always deserved but had never gotten.

Min Yoongi was determined to save him.