Anticipated Visitor

Weekend was over, they both need to go back to work. They both use their cars to go to work.

As he is driving to his office, AnZiyan received a call from his secretary that his Dad is in his office waiting for him.

As soon as he arrived, her secretary told him that their coffee is already prepared and bought some sandwiches for both of them. He thank her and went to his office immediately.

AZ: Hi Dad! What an honor to have you here in my office?

AZ's Dad: Cut the crap, do you want to say anything to me?

AZ: None that I know of.

AZ's Dad is trying to control his anger. He wants to see for himself, that AZ is back. But seeing how his son is playing tricks on him, his son doesn't have to say the obvious.

AZ's Dad: Do we have a problem, son?

AZ: I am not seeing any problem at the moment. In fact I have......

AZ's throw a brown envelope in the coffee table.

AZ's Dad: Then explain to me what this is all about.

AZ get the envelope and inside are a photo copy of the deed of sale of the company that he bought, where MaiDing is working. He also some pictures that show he and MaiDing are together.

AZ's Dad: I also talked with Bai Xiaosi's Dad, and he said you talked to him about cancelling the engagement?

AZ: I don't see any problem with these.

AZ is returning everything inside the envelope.

AZ: Why Dad? Do you want to say anything that I don't know yet?

AZ's Dad: Your memories are back now, right?

AZ: Is there anything wrong with that? The doctors did not said that it is impossible to regain my memory back! And you hide a lot of things from me, dont you think?

AZ's Dad: We did, what we have to do. As your parents, we only want what is best for you. During that time all we think is to protect you.

AZ: And you used the accident to separate us. You used my lose of memory to continue your plans of me marrying BX. You used that unfortunate event to get rid of MD from my life is it? Did you not think, what if I regained my memory back? what will happened to me and BX? Didn't it occurred to you that maybe I'll return to MD as what I am doing now?

AZ's Dad: And you are doing everything for him to spite us, is it?

AZ: Do you think what I am doing is wrong?! I am doing this because I want to protect the person I love from the people who can potentially harm him.

AZ's Dad: Is he brainwashing you!?

AZ: I don't remember the time that he did what you are accusing him of. As a matter of fact, he is willing to keep his silence for all of you. To keep your life comfortable and peaceful. He is willing to give me up.

AZ's Dad: Then why?

AZ: Because I did not let him. I can't let my happiness get away from me. I nevet been that curious in any human being that I met ever since I wake up. But the first time I saw him, I can't help why I was so irritated to him but I want to see him often. I am confused but I am irritated when I see him close to anyone. I am mad but when he smile and laugh I felt like my heart melts. Dad, if it is not love then I don't know how you call it?

AZ's Dad: How are you so sure that he is just not after your money!?

AZ: I know him longer than you all did, to know that he loves me more than anyone in the world.

AZ Dad: Are you out of your mind? You know that not everyone will understand your relationship! What about BX? What do you see in MD that she does not have? Why do you chose him over her, when you know the best choice that you have is to marry her?

AZ: You know as well that I don't care about their opinions. I only care about  their opinions in business world but not in my personal life. BX is my best friend. I am only saving her from the loveless marriage you want us to get into!

AZ's Dad: You will learn to love her, if you only give it a try.

AZ: I tried but I end up failing. That's when I know that love is not something we can forced.

AZ's Dad: What about the company? You know that in one way or another, it will affect the company.

AZ: I already have plans to counter it.

AZ's Dad: What is that plan?

AZ: You know that true blood business man will never share how they made their own empire. You don't have to know my plans, I'll just show you how I accomplish it.

AZ's Dad: You better do that or I'll convince the board to remove you from your position. I don't want to see you ruining the company that me and our ancestors build.

AZ: I will not let that happened. (AZ kneels before his Father.) Please Dad. I am begging you. Pls. accept us.

AZ's Dad: I guess you really are back. But from now on, you are on your own. I will not interfere with your life. We already did what we have to do as your parents but you chose to disobey us.

AZ: Chosing a different path from what you wanted for me, doesn't mean I am disobeying you. I am choosing to live my own path where I know I can be happy and at peace. I am not aiming for the whole world to accept us but to know that you bless us with your acceptance we know we can face the world head strong.

AZ's Dad: It is not that easy son. We are giving you the easiest path the world can offer but you chose to walk on the difficult one. In time maybe, we can accept that. In time maybe we can accept that you chose him over your family. In time, maybe we can accept that you are already old enough to make your own decisions. Maybe in the future but not today.

AZ remained in kneeling position as he watch his father walking out of his office. He is hurt but it's good to know that his Dad is not closing his door for them. For now they have to prove them that what they have is worth fighting for.