Comics

Eddie Kaspbrak walked on the sidewalk, kicking a rock back and forth. Every minute he'd poke out his bottom lip and blow, flipping his hair back. There was a pink sun burn on his cheeks, making his tiny freckles stand out. He swung his cast back and forth as he walked, the bright red letters stood out. His fanny pack shook with each step and his medicine made knocking noises. He heard wheels against the sidewalk and looked up. Richie Tozier was riding a skateboard wearing a Hawaiian shirt and shorts. His tank top beneath it showed part of his chest. Sweat had soaked it from the heat and Eddie could see the outline of muscles in his stomach. Richie fixed his glasses and hopped off clumsily. He flipped it into his hands and smiled awkwardly.
      "Where'd you get that?" Eddie said, pulling down his red short-sleeved shirt. He could already feel his shorts tightening.
      Richie grinned. "Mi madre es muy bien, señor!" He yelled.
      Eddie flinched and chuckled. "Can you go a day without using one of your voices?"
      "No señor!"
      Eddie rolled his eyes. "As long as you don't mock anyone like that one time in the quarry."
      Richie turned red and scratched his head. "Ahh.. yeah that's why they call me Trashmouth."
     Eddie squinted up at the sky and saw a flock of birds flying. He looked back at Richie. "Have you heard from Will?"
     "Hasn't been out recently. I think he's thinking about Georgie."
      "Poor kid." Eddie said quietly. "What about Bev? Ben? Mike? Stan?"
      He crossed his arms and shook his head. "It's been quiet. I think Bev is handling her dad and Mike is working in the farm. Ben should be at the library... and I think Stan said something about his dad forcing him to a Jewish thing."
      Eddie sighed. "So it's just us in the Loser's Club for now?"
      "Yep." He smiled awkwardly again. "You got any comics?"
      "My mom got me some. Wanna come over?"
      He nodded. Eddie narrowed his eyes at him. "Ok, fine, I won't mock her. Or make fun of her..." he paused. "Weight." Eddie smiled and started walking. "Hold on, buddy! You're gonna ride with me."
      "How's that going to be safe?" Eddie asked, staring at the skateboard.
      Richie grabbed Eddie. He squeaked and squirmed. Richie pulled him onto his back and got on the skateboard. Eddie clung to his neck and wrapped his legs around Richie's waist. He stared at the back of his neck as they rolled down the sidewalk. Richie has his hands on Eddie's thighs to hold him up, and Eddie's face had became red. He willed his pants to loosen up, but they only got tighter.
      Finally, they made it to the Kaspbrak house. Eddie clumsily got off of Richie's back and pulled his shirt down. Richie grabbed his skateboard and put it under his arm. Eddie opened the front door and peered in. "Hey, momma."
      "Hey, baby." She looked at Richie. "How are you, Richie?"
      "Very swell, ma'am." He said, holding back a chuckle.
      Eddie elbowed him in the stomach and walked past her and to the stairs. They went into his room and he pulled out a stack of comics. "These are the real classics."
      Richie grabbed one and sat down on the floor. Eddie took another one and sat on the floor next to him, his back leaning against the bed. Richie had his head by his feet and kept looking up at him through his round glasses. "Hey, Eds."
      "I told you not to call me that."
      "Exactly." He smiled. "What are you going to do for the rest of summer?"
      He put down his comic. "Try to survive."
      Richie closed his and rested his cheek on his hand, his elbow perched. "It, or your mom?" He laughed.
      Eddie frowned. "Both. I haven't seen It recently, I think It's gone."
      "I wouldn't be too sure about that, Eds." He sighed. "Are you going to come out to your mom?"
      "What?!" Eddie sat up straight and felt heat rise to his cheeks.
      "Are you going to tell her you're gay?"
     "I'm not gay!"
     Richie laughed. "You're so gay, Eds. No straight boy would wear what you wear and get boners when they see their friends."
     "I didn't get a boner!" He protested, his face becoming a deep shade of red.
      Richie raised an eyebrow. Eddie's breaths became short and shallow. "Whatever you say, but I've always thought you were gay."
      "And you're not?"
      "Bisexual." He said, opening his comic and crossing his legs.
      Eddie bit his lip. "When did this happen."
     "Lots of things happen over the summer, Eds. Maybe I started to think of some people as more than friends." He looked at Eddie. "Ya know?"
      Eddie shrugged. "Whatever floats your boat."
      "Hellofaliar ain't he chief!" Richie started one of his voices. "Oy! He sure is! Lawk at tha gay kid! Practically bursting gayness outta his ass!"
      "Beep beep, Richie." He muttered, hiding his face behind a comic.