The Big Day

After having no luck at the shopping centre the other week, it was now the day of the wedding and Jac was getting dressed in her strangely quiet house. The only sound was Sacha in the shower from across the landing. Emma had spent the night at Jonny's so that she could get ready with the other bridesmaids. As she had predicted, Talia had been a naturally beautiful blonde with an equally beautiful curvy body to match. Thank god she wasn't Bonnie 2.0 though, Jac had thought when she had met her on the doorstep of Jonny's apartment when she had gone to pick up Emma after her weekend there.

The surgeon pulled on the red jumpsuit which had sat in her wardrobe for donkeys years and prayed that the zip would still do up. As Sacha passed by her open door in his towel, he stopped and said "Oh my darling, look at you! You look beautiful."
Jac blushed slightly and turned to face him. "Thank you, can you do my zip up for me please?"
The one piece fit perfectly to her figure, even better than before despite her putting on a pound or so from the many weeks of laying in a hospital bed throughout the past year.
"Go and get dressed then Mister, don't want to be late now do we?" She nudged his wet arm and sat down at her dressing table to start on her makeup.

Half an hour later the pair were ready to leave when Jac's phone chirped, alerting her to the arrival of a text.
"I'm driving Levy." She announced distractedly as she opened the text which she now knew was from none other than Fletch himself as she'd predicted.
F: You are still coming right? Not bailing on me are you? x
She rolled her eyes and smiled as she typed out her reply.
J: Of course I'm coming, Sacha wouldn't let me not come. Now stop checking up on me, we've both got some driving to do. x
F: Whatever, see you there Naylor. x
Jac shoved her phone back into her bag and pushed her other friend out of the house and towards the car.

"Oh come on! Learn to drive you...urghhhh!" The surgeon hit the horn.
"Remind me again why I let you drive?" Sacha asked from beside her.
"Because you drive too slow. You're like an old man." She grumbled and sped around the idiot struggling to park. Two minutes later and they were pulling into the car park of Holby City Church. As they scanned the area for a free space, amongst the crowds of people, some of whom she recognised from the past, there was only one who really stood out.  She watched as a smile spread across his face at the sight of her car passing him. It was clear he had no interest in what the two women who he was stood with had to say and Jac's heart leapt at that thought.
Just friends Naylor, she reminded herself as she finally climbed out of the parked car.

A/N: whoops according to the first chapter this was supposed to be up yesterday but I had no Wi-Fi so it's today instead soooo 🤷🏼‍♀️