Chapter 4/AN, everyone MUST read

Percy's POV

"Son? Janus is your dad?"

"Yes," He replied, wincing as I completed the healing process in his arm. He flexed it, eyes widening at the large scar he could see through the jagged hole in his clothing. "I am Felix, Son of Janus and Eris. I am a minor God much like you, just not as powerful. Obviously, since Annabeth very easily got the better of me."

"It happens to all of us," I curtly replied, gripping his newly healed arm and  pulling him from the ground. He stumbled, patting down his Guard Uniform in a futile attempt to clean it. He looked to be the same height as me, but maybe just a bit younger. "What are you, fifteen, sixteen..."

"Seventeen," He snapped, glaring at me. I then noticed the scars along his mouth, almost like someone had cut them to make his smile longer. They were jagged and pretty noticeable since they were a few shades darker than his pale skin. Come to think of it, his physical being was very similar to mine. He noticed me staring, smirking a little before pointing to both sides of his mouth and poking them. "Nice right? It was a parting gift from my lovely mother."

"Eris did this?" I questioned. I tightened my grip on my spear. I new Eris wasn't the nicest of Goddesses but this? To your own son?

"She joined Menoetius and wanted me to come along for the ride. I refused. Respectfully. might I add," he chuckled, reaching down and grabbing the spear that had just minutes ago been buried deep into his arm. He glanced both ways down the corridor and I could have sworn I heard him sniffing the air as he brought the spear to his nose and licked just above where one would hold it. He smacked his lips, tasting the spear as I cringed, my mouth falling open a little. I'd seen some interesting things in my time but this was very strange. "Alaska? Mhm, interesting choice."

"Sorry?"

"Alaska, they're in Alaska. Annabeth and Menoetius if you'd already forgotten," He repeated, already starting down the path towards the Throne room. His cloak flowed behind him and I realised he walked with confidence and power. He was no weak God. I frowned, raising an eyebrow. He got that from a lick and a sniff?

"How did you know that?" I questioned, jogging to catch up. He was an interesting boy, I could tell right now that he would definitely be an asset to the team. He chuckled lightly, dropping the spear to the floor with a clatter and pausing, twirling around with a toothy grin.

"I am the Minor God of tracking, hunting and stealth, that's how," He informed. I rose an eyebrow, I needed this boy to help me find Janus. Not that it wouldn't take much to persuade him what with them being family and all. Felix twirled back round, whipping his cloak with him as he did so. "I have my ways of tracking, and they are very effective."

I followed him to the Throne room, noticing Artemis was still on her half crumbling Throne and contemplating her options. But as soon as Felix kicked a piece of the stone, her head jerked up and she was on him within seconds. 

"Hey, hey, hey pipe it down!" Although Artemis was petite and  didn't look to have much in the ways if muscle, she could probably stop a bull in its path with her bare palm. She growled, crouching over the top of him as he squirmed underneath. I felt I should probably intervene but I knew Artemis wouldn't hurt him without good reasons. She thumped one hand on his chest and kept him pressed to the ground, not caring that there were probably some sharp stones below him that jabbed his back. "Percy! Hey, help. She's insane!"

"I wouldn't call Artemis insane," I bluntly advised, watching as she brandished a long and shiny silver dagger from up her sleeve, placing it directly over his jugular. "But either way, Artemis, he is with me. Put the knife down."