S1-03

Returning to the party, Minho realized it was a bad idea.

The ballroom had erupted into utter chaos, people screaming, some hiding under tables, and some trying to leave out the door that had been locked close.

Minho's eyes whipped up to the balcony, where a man with a gun stood.

"Are you back with us, Keystone?" Hyunjin said.

"Right, here, Prince. What happened? Why didn't I get notified?" Minho asked, taking Jisung's arm and pulling him out of the open hallway entrance.

"There was a malfunction with the ear jacks. It wouldn't let us reach you. It seemed it must have-" It cut off.

Minho's eyes returned to the balcony and realized the man had spotted Jisung.

Out of pure reflex and instinct, Minho pulled Jisung into him and hovered over him, keeping him out of range of the gun handler.

Minho let out a gasp when he felt a sharp pinch in his back. He must have been shot at, not something he was used to.

"What are you doing?" Jisung asked. "You're going to get hurt!"

"That's my job."

"Keystone? Keystone, can you hear me?"

"Rodger." Minho responded.

"Get Gemstone out of there as safely and fast as you can. We were able to retreat his Mr. and Mrs. Han."

Gemstone. That was Jisung. They gave him a code name for his own safety.

Minho reached down and grabbed Jisung's thighs, hoisting him up onto his waist. Jisung gasped and flinched. "What are you-"

Minho took off running towards a window. Jisung's eyes widened as he looked back. "Minho! Minho, Stop! What are you doing?!"

Minho ignored him, turning to his side and launching his shoulder into the window. He dropped Jisung's legs and held onto his torso, landing on his back in the grass with Jisung on top of him.

To say Minho was in pain was an understatement, he was in excruciating agony.

Jisung was pulled off of him, and Changbin stood above him, waving his hand. "Can you hear me, Minho?"

"Yeah, Yeah. I can hear you." Minho replied with a groan.

"Can you stand?"

Minho could make out Jisung's voice in the distance. "Wait, is he going to be okay? No, I'm fine, let me go."

"I don't know." Minho moved onto his side. "I have glass in my shoulder, and I was shot in my back. My legs work fine but I'm in a lot of pain."

"Shit." Changbin walked away, probably going to find someone.

"Wait." Minho called, pushing himself up. "Was Jisung hurt?"

"Just a cut on his face."

"Where's Chan?"

Changbin looked back at Minho. "He went to kill the Jigsaw members."

Minho nodded. The ground swayed from under him, and he knew what was happening. He was going to pass out.

He did. His hand slipped out from under him and he fell unconscious.

-

Minho woke in the medical room at the base. He let out a large sigh through clenched teeth.