Chapter 3:

Chapter 3:

Gathering our things, in the parking lot we locked the truck and started walking towards the entrance. Glancing at the map we already knew by heart, we headed up the side of mount Jack.

Hiking along the path I had to take a breath as I looked over the side. A sheer drop off. Did I ever mention my fear of heights? Closing my eyes I took a breath. Feeling someone's hand on mine I opened my eyes and saw Nolan.

Grabbing his hand tightly he smiled encouragingly at me and started pulling me forward.

"Thats it one step at a time." Nolan encouraged me. Smiling he gave me a hug as we reached a safer part in the trail.

"I hate you." I mumbled as I stood in his arms.

"Liar." He commented and gave me a kiss on the head and released me.

"Chicken." Malcom squawked at me as Nolan reached his hand out and back handed him.

Rina cried out and grasped her mouth as she started laughing while Nolan grinned at her mischievously.

Continuing the trip we made it to the top of Mount Jack shortly after.

Sitting on the edge of the cliff we stared out at the land, and ocean. Such a magnificent sight. You can't beat it. My view is amazing but being hear just above it all, view of both land and ocean is truly breathtaking. Feeling the wind blow in my hair I closed my eyes and relaxed.

'It's so beautiful.' I sent to Nolan needed to feel the contact.

'It is.' Nolan sent back as he sent me the picture of a warm embrace. Feeling the comfort I sighed.

Hearing everybody start to move I opened my eyes and started getting up, taking a few sips of water we started off again.

Traveling down the travel we jumped over roots, rocks and eroded dirt on the path. Reaching single runner we turned and started the trek downwards. Running we raced each other to the bottom, upon reaching the bottom we we gasping for air and had to sit down as we all started laughing.

"I won." I commented as I drew in a harsh breath of air trying to replenish my oxygen. Nolan nodded his head in agreement.

"You smoked us all." Malcom rasped holding his stomach in agony.

"Pro in the water, pro on land. What can't you do?" Rina teased taking a deep breath holding her side.

"Good question." I commented holding my finger up in the air as we laughed.

Nolan recovered first. Standing up he helped us all onto our feet lingering on Rina longer than anybody.

"Alright, now on to icy caverns." Nolan commanded while practically jumping like a little kid.

"Aw, little Nolan is so excited." I cooed to him as he glared.

"Little Nolan is excited for this hike." He commented pointing back at himself. He was being honest but I really knew he wanted to see the ocean. Be inside it not be up here hiking. But he knew Rina loved hiking. I felt love at the action but also worry. He can't deny his true self forever no matter how much he wants to.

"Let's get a move on. Don't want little Nolan to become sad now." Malcom teased as he walked around him and we all started going deeper into the icy caverns.

They were beautiful. Many miles down Mount Jack on the west side if you know what trails to take, it will bring you here to the icy caverns, it's like a whole other dimension.