Chapter 1 : Mirror Mirror

" Babe , are you almost finished ? " , Jayla yelled up the stairs. She stood by the staircase a few more moments waiting for Melvin to answer. Still no reply , she rolled her eyes and headed up the stairs. She was a little out of breath when she got to the top. " I seriously need to workout" , she mumbled to herself. " Babe did you hear me? We need to leave soon if we are going to make on time" , Jayla yelled walking into their bedroom.

Melvin was nowhere to be found. She can hear him laughing and talking on the phone. She rolled eyes and sighed. Walking closer to their balcony, she saw him FaceTiming a woman on his phone. She couldn't get a good look at the woman's face but she could see she was wearing lingerie ." Baby I'm coming soon. The moment I can slip away. Don't worry I'll tell the fat pig something so we can have all night", Melvin said to the mysterious woman.

Jayla felt all the air knocked out of her. She couldn't believe what she was hearing. Yes, their relationship wasn't perfect but Melvin wouldn't cheat on her. Still listening to their conversation , Jayla didn't even feel the tears she had streaming down her face.She walked out the room and enter the guest bedroom. She needed a few minutes to pull herself together. Melvin always seem to love her curves and always wanted sex on the regular. Yeah he was a jerk and insensitive at times but everyone had their own flaws, she thought to herself. Jayla paced the floor back and forth trying to wrap her head around what she just heard , she didn't hear Melvin come in. She became frightened when she felt him touch her shoulder.

    " Babe I've been calling and looking for you all over the house. Didn't you hear me ? Wait, why are you crying? "  Jayla stared at him unable to answer. Melvin stared back at Jayla waiting for an answer. He was sure she didn't hear his conversation on the phone. Jayla mind was all over the place but she wiped her eyes and started laughing. " No,sorry I was in deep thought. You know how I get when my period is coming" , she said to him before leaving the room.  She rushed to their master suite bathroom and closed the door , she leaned up against the and took a deep breath. She looked in mirror was horrified at how bad her make-up looked.

    As she reapplied her make-up, she gave herself a mental prep talk. Tonight was her best friend Briana dinner party and she didn't want to ruin it. She didn't want attention drawn to her. Her best friends Briana and Benny could read her like a book. They would know something was off. After she finished, she stared herself in the mirror. She never understood why no one could truly love. Her mother and older sisters couldn't  stand the sight of her. All she really had was her father and two best friends. They have been friends since grade school.

    Jayla recombed her long black hair she straightened for the dinner party. She was a mocha complexion with brown eyes standing on 5'6'' with thick thighs and 38DDs breast. Since she was a teenager she was always on the bigger size, while her sisters were thin and beautiful. It wasn't enough she had thick thighs and big breast but her ass was another problem. It was very big and round. Looking at her one more time , she felt the little confidence she had getting dressed early vanished. She was wearing the outfit she purchased with Briana last week. She thought Melvin would like the outfit when she made the purchased it. Now staring at herself in her black form fitting dress , she feels like a a big whale.

" JAYLA LETS GO !!! I DON'T WANT TO HEAR BRIANNA 'S FUCKING MOUTH ABOUT US BEING LATE!!! I'LL BE IN THE CAR." , Melvin yelled. " I'm coming . Give me five minutes" , Jayla replied. Tonight was about her best friend and that what mattered , Jayla thought to herself. With one final look in the mirror , Jayla walked out the bathroom and grabbed her things to head out.