Chapter 11: Needed Feedback

Don't leave me in all this pain
Don't leave me out in the rain
Come back and bring back my smile
Come and take these tears away
I need your arms to hold me now
The nights are so unkind
Bring back those nights when I held you beside me

Un-break my heart
Say you'll love me again
Undo this hurt you caused
When you walked out the door
And walked out of my life
Un-cry these tears
I cried so many nights
Un-break my heart
My heart

Take back that sad word good-bye
Bring back the joy to my life
Don't leave me here with these tears
Come and kiss this pain away
I can't forget the day you left
Time is so unkind
And life is so cruel without you here beside me

Un-break my heart
Say you'll love me again
Undo this hurt you caused
When you walked out the door
And walked out of my life
Un-cry these tears
I cried so many nights
Un-break my heart

Something about Toni Braxton's voice always soothed my soul every time i heard her sing. You could hear the pain in every note she sang. I swore she made every song for me. Looking out at this beautiful sunset I wish it was under better terms. Twirling the wine in my glass, I sighed thinking about the last couple of days. I feel more lost and confused then the night I found out he was cheating on me. Why does  this keep happening to me? Why can't I find someone who actually cares about me? Tipping the glass in my mouth I finish my fifth glass of wine for the night. I looked inside when I heard  my phone ringing. Walking back into the hotel suite I grab my cell phone. I rolled my eyes at the name on my caller id. I wanted to press decline but the part of me that still loved him answered instead.

" Baby , finally I've been calling for two days now. We need to talk. I'm so so sorry. She doesn't mean anything. We are bigger than this. Please give me another chance." , Melvin started.

" Which sister was it ?" , I asked not caring for what he was talking about.

     " J does it matter ? We can move past this." , he responded.

    "  Sarah or Eva ?" I replied back. The phone got quiet and I walked back into the kitchen in the suite and pull out my second bottle of wine for the night out the bag. I knew he was still on the phone, I could hear him breathing. He was probably thinking I would let this go if he remain quiet. In the past , when he didn't want to have a certain conversation he would just stop talking hoping I would let the conversation go. But not tonight.

    Pouring myself another glass of wine I continue listening to his breathing. Annoyed I rolled my eyes and said , " Melvin its least you owe me . Two years of me pouring my love , soul , tears, money , my everything into you. Just be a man about it. The cat is out of the bag already . Which one ?"

    Taking a sip of my wine I choked when he answer. " Repeat that again" , I asked .

    " Both " , he said again.

    I felt so many emotions all at once. I stayed silent for a moment while I figured out which emotion to let come out. I decided to stay calm I needed more information.

    " When ?" , I asked .

    " Sarah was once. It was the weekend you introduce me to your family in the Hamptons for their annual family gathering. Do you remember the night I went to bed early because I was feeling good and you stay out to hang with your friends. When I got back in our room , I laid down and fell asleep. I felt someone get into the bed and  she started kissing me. I was still half asleep and assumed it was you. After we finished , I turned over and went back to sleep. The Next morning , I didn't find you in bed and went looking for you. In the kitchen , I was grabbing some water when Sarah wrapped her hands around my waist. When I realised it was her , I pushed her off.  She told me about her she spiked my drink and it was her that I slept with not you. She told me she videotapped us having sex and would show you if i didnt agree to do a favor. When I asked her , what the favor was she told me when the time was right she would call it in ." , he said. He sounded relieved after he finishes speaking.

    Shocked and disgusted , I walked to the mini fridge to see if there's something stronger in the mini bar. I always knew Sarah had it out for me but this below the belt. The guys probably think Melvin was lying but I knew Sarah. She was capable of this and worst .Finding a bottle of tequila , I throw it back quick and grab some more bottles.

" J , you still there ?" , he asked scared.

" I'm here . Was that only time you slept with her ?", I asked back .

    " Yes I swear . She was one of the reasons why I stopped going to family events with you." , he told me .

    " What about Eva ?" , I asked. Taking another mini bottle down quickly in case he had another crazy story to tell me.

    " It was during the weekend of we flew to Chicago for Benny and Derek's parents vow renewal. There isn't  any crazy story behind it. You and I got into an argument about a text message I got from a woman  and you stormed off. I went to the bar and she was there. We drank and talked. Next thing I knew we were in one of the empty rooms fucking like rabbits all over the place. We messed around for about six months after that month. When I said I needed to help out at one of dad's hotel in New York , I was actually in Chicago with Eva. " , He said.

    I never wanted to beat someone ass as I did right now. I just wanted to pistol whipped all three of their asses right now.  " TWOO FUCKING YEARS MELVIN AND WHAT HAVE YOU GIVEN ME. NOTHING BUT FUCKING HEARTBREAK AFTER HEARTBREAK. IF YOU DIDN'T WANT TO BE WITH ME WHY DIDN'T YOU LEAVE ?" I yelled into the phone.

    " Baby I know you mad but we can work this out ." , he said over the phone.

    " Work this out ? WORK WHAT OUT ? IT IS OVER !! I AM DONE !!!! YOU HAVE TAKEN EVERYTHING I HAVE NO MORE TO GIVE . MELVIN LOSE MY NUMBER.  I DON'T WANT TO EVER SEE  YOU AGAIN.", I fire back.

    " J just come home. I know you at Brianna's house. I passed by the house and I didn't see the car in the driveway." , he said completely ignoring what I just said.

    " Nigga didn't you just hear what I said. What home do you keep referring to? I sold the house by the way." , I told him.

    " What ? J, are you drinking you sound crazy? How could you sell our home in three days ?" he said sounding confused .

    " First it was never our house. IT WAS MY HOUSE . When you meet me I was already leaving there. And when you lived there you barely paid a bill in there. You were more of a guard dog. Blocking me from meeting A REAL MAN. And yes , I sold the house. There was a newlywed couple looking for a starter house. They offered less than what the house was worth but I accepted the offer." , I told him happily.

    " JAYLA YOU STARTED TO MAKE ME MAD . YOU BETTER BE FUCKIN PLAYING . IF YOU SOLD THE HOUSE THAN WHERE THE FUCK IS MY STUFF.", he shouted.

    Happily I answered , " Well what I didn't burn in the backyard . I sold at the yard sale I held yesterday. And the rest I cut up and dropped it off to your girlfriend Mya's house last night. You should check in on her. She didn't look good after I left."

    " BITCH STOP PLAYING WITH ME. IF I FIND OUT THIS TRUE . WE ARE GONNA HAVE A FUCKING PROBLEM." , he shouted through the phone.

    " Melvin , you not gonna do shit. We are over. Don't call me ever again. Act like I am dead because you are dead to me. AND IF YOU DARE TRY TO TOUCH ME OR COME AFTER ME I WILL FUCK YOU UP JUST LIKE I DID YOUR BITCH", I told him before hanging the phone. I felt a sense of relief after that call. Pouring myself another glass of wine, I turned and headed to the bathroom for a much needed bubble bath.