Chapter 7: Friend of Mine

One hour passed . Two hours passed . Five hours have passed since we left my parent's house. Derek couldn't find any flights that left the same night. He called one of his friends who own a private jet and ask if we could use it. I was thankful for my friends. They were always there when I needed them. After we landed , we all agreed to crash at my house. At first , I wasn't feeling the idea and wanted time to myself to go through my thoughts .

But I knew these three would want to talk and analyze the shit out of the situation. I rather get it over with it now than later. The moment I stepped off the airplane, I felt like I could finally breathe. Benny had his driver picked us up from the airport. It was a chilly morning so the guys gave us their jackets to wear.

" Alright now that we back home I can stop biting my tongue. Those bitches are lucky we left when we left. J , I love you to the moon and back but your sisters have an ass whooping coming their way. " , Brianna starting ranting. I let the window down some so some air could hit my face. The cool breeze reminded me of my summers with my nana when I was a child. I missed her so much.

With my hectic schedule with work , I only get time to call her from time to time. I tried getting her to her use the Ipad I brought her to facetime but she refuses to use " these new school technology that ruin your mind". In the background , I could hear the three of them having deep conversation about my sister , my mother and the events from the party.

Pulling in front of my house, Benny's driver Freddick opened the door for us. Walking up and searching for my keys in my purse , I notice some of my lights in my house were turned on. I stopped in my tracks causing everyone behind me to stop too. " I didn't leave lights on when I left and Nora isn't due to clean the house until tomorrow.", I thought to myself. On alert Benny and Derek got front of Brianna and I.

I passed Derek my keys so he can open the door. They tell us to wait outside and call the cops. Looking at them like they have lost their minds I brush right past them and enter the house. Last time I checked this house was under my name so if I getting robbed I'm whopping the robber's ass myself . Rushing behind me , Benny grabs my arm saying " J now is not the time to be on that independent I can do bad all by myself shit".

Rolling my eyes , I walk to my coat closet and grab Melvin and I's baseball and passed one to Derek and Benny. Passing the kitchen , Brianna grabbed one of knives. Making sure everyone has a weapon I walk up to my safe in my office and grab my gun. When I moved into my house my dad purchased me a gun for protection when he visited. The first floor seemed to be fine and had no sign of a burglary. When we got closer to the stairs we noticed rose petals on the floor.

All of us stood by the stairs confused on what was going on. " Jayla that nigga better not be upstairs trying to make a romantic gesture" , Benny said annoyed. " Of course he making a romantic gesture to win her back after she dumps him. J you better not take that nigga back. After two years you finally let the sorry good for nothing brat go.", Derek added. Listening to them I was still trying to figure out what was going on. " Matter of fact since I have this bat let me give him the ass whopping he deserves I couldn't do when ya were together.", Derek continuing going off.

Feeling annoyed with their conversation and needing to get the bottom to this I started walking up. "Why would Melvin be here right now ? And how did he know I would be coming early ?", I thought to myself. I could hear them fussing behind. When we got closer to my room , I could hearing music playing. There was more rose petals that lead to the bedroom. Walking up to my door, I opened my door to find the bed empty and the balcony door open. There was rose petals all over the bed and floor.

A bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries on tray next to the bed. What caught my eye was the pile of clothes that lead to the bathroom. " I know this nigga does not have another bitch in this house . I swear I'm going to jail tonight for killing him.", Brianna shouted. "Not if I kill him first" , Benny and Derek said at the same time.

Walking to the bathroom , I could hear two people laughing. I felt my blood boiling. The bathroom door wasn't fully closed so little by little I opened the door with my gun. I know this man wasn't in the house I pay bills in with some hoe. I opened the door wide enough to look in the mirror and see Melvin having sex with another woman.

They were in a bubble bath and she was riding him. But what came next I didn't see coming in a million years was the reflection of the woman's face in the mirror. Shocked I slammed the bathroom's door startling the little couple. Both faces look at me shocked. I hear the guys behind me yelling and screaming and trying to push me out the way to get to Melvin and his hoe. Stuck and shocked all I could do is look at the couple and say " Mya" .