Chapter 9: Ashes

Walking into the den , I placed my gun on the bar and start making myself a drink. I heard the front door close. I took a deep breathe that thankful Melvin listened and I wouldn't be arrested tonight for killing him. I swallowed the first drink in one gulp and did the same thing to the second drink. I saw Benny, Brianna and Derek walk in as I was pouring my fourth drink. I grab three cups and pour them a drink too. Each took their drinks and finish them in one gulp too. Everyone looks exhausted.

Benny grabbed my gun and slide it to him. He looked at me and said " I think you have had enough fun with this tonight". I rolled my eyes and poured everyone another drink. " J I know the last thing you want to do right now is to talk but with everything that has happened in the last 24 hours I need to know where your mind is ", Derek asked concerned.

Looking at my friends who all had a look of concern I took a deep breath before I talked. " Honestly I feel so many emotions right now D. I am treated like an outcast in own family. A family that honestly thrives off me being misery. And now for the second time in a row my heart has been broken.", I said tired of feeling pain. " Well I know one thing for sure my sister has stayed true to her pledge of sleeping with every man on the planet.", I said finishing my drink. Everyone nodded and laughed.

" She hasn't touched my dick yet ." , Benny said. " Well I don't think she wants your dick since you both batting for the same team." , Brianna said. We all started laughing. It felt good to laugh. " But seriously J what is going through your head ", Benny said grabbing my hand. He walked around the bar and opened his arms. Walking into this arms I broke down the moment he wrapped his arms around me.

Every emotion , every scar , every open wound I had I released in that cry. I felt Derek and Brianna join the hug. We stayed hugged up until I stop shaking from crying. I was exhausted mentally, emotionally and physically. My body was exhausted and needed sleep but everytime I closed my eyes I saw them having sex in my house.

All of us sat in the living room and watched a movie. Brianna choose one of my favorite movies " Pretty Woman" trying to cheer me up. I snuggled up against Benny while the movie played. I needed to be next to someone so I knew everything that has happened was real and I wasn't dreaming. It was 3am and I could tell everyone was exhausted but were trying to stay up for my sake. I told them I was tired so they would go to bed.

I refused to sleep in my bedroom tonight after everything that happened. Benny offered to sleep in the den while Derek and Brianna took one of the guest room. I took the other guest bedroom. Brianna grabbed me some clothes and the guys brought my suitcase upstairs. Walking into my guest bedroom, I opened the window to let fresh air in. I stared at the moon and admired her beauty.

Walking into the en suite , I stripped out of clothes and entered the shower. The hot water and steam felt so good on my body. I just stood under the water, letting it wash away my pain. The image of Melvin having sex with Mya keep replaying in my head. I stooped to the ground and let the water fall on me. I cried for every pain I ever felt.

I couldn't figure out what I did in my past life for everyone to hate me so much . Since birth my mother has treated me less garbage. My sisters hated me and I had no clue why. My father has never stood up for me. The two men I have ever loved have done nothing other than break my fragile heart. Pulling myself together I finish my shower.

Drying myself, I look at myself in the mirror and couldn't even recognize the person looking back at me. Getting dressed I lay in bed looking at the moon. Lost in my thoughts I start crying again. I heard the door open and someone get in bed. I felt strong arms pull me to them. I turn to face Benny and he pulled me closer to his chest. He held me tight rubbing circles in my back as I cried .

He didn't say a word or make a sound. He just laid in bed with me being my crying pillow. I cried until I didn't have any water left in my body. I could tell Benny was asleep by his breathing. I looked at the wall thinking about how I let my life reach this point. Why did it take this for my relationship to end ? When were together we were constantly having issues. If it wasn't me thinking he was cheating on me , it was his jealousy of my success , or his inconsistency.

I couldn't believe I was so blind to not realise the same guy Mya was always telling me about was Melvin. Now I know why she could never double date with us. Or why he always acted like he didn't like Mya. Getting a headache for my thoughts I closed my eyes and drifted into sleep my body and soul definitely needed right now.