Chapter 8: Girl Fight

I hear the guys behind me yelling and screaming and trying to push me out the way to get to Melvin and his hoe. Stuck and shocked all I could do is look at the couple and say " Mya" . Melvin and Mya both jumped out of the tub. " Jayla baby it's not what it looks like. I didn't know you were coming home this early. Baby I love you .", Melvin said panicked. " Jayla im so sorry we have been meaning to tell you. I didn't want you to find out like this," Mya interjected.

Derek punched Melvin in the face and Benny followed up with another punch. Brianna ran pass me and starting fighting with Mya. A million thoughts were running through my head at once. I keep trying to figure out how these two got together. Was Melvin the guy Mya keep raving about? So Mya was the woman Melvin was talking to on the phone the night Brianna's party. The nights when Melvin would come home late was because he was her. The perfume I would smell on his collar was the same perfume Mya wore to work. Everything started clicking together in my head.

I pulled myself out of my thoughts to see Brianna on top of Mya beating her ass and Melvin trying to get Mya but the guys kept grabbing taking turns beating his ass. Tired and drained from my trip and this bullshit , I shot my ceiling getting everyone's attention. " EVERYONE GET UP", I shouted . Everyone looked at me weary as I wave the gun. " Don't worry I'm not shooting anyone so stop looking at me like that,'' I said .

" Well not yet, I said looking at Melvin and his bitch. I could see the fear in their eyes. I pointed the gun to Mya. " Why ? How ? and When?",I asked her. She laughed and cleared her throat. " Look I never I wanted to hurt you but he doesn't want you anymore. He stopped wanting you a long time ago. All those late nights and trips were with me . Sorry you are a nice person and all but look at you . Did you think a man like him what stay with someone like you?", she said confidently. Brianna tried to hit again but Melvin stepped between them.

I was shocked Melvin never once show that type of affection for me . He was protective of her. I felt like my all already broken heart broke into more pieces. I sighed and rubbed my head with my free hand. " Jayla baby I love you with all my heart. This was a mistake.", Melvin said. I started laughing that tears came out of my eyes. Everyone was looking at me like I lost my mind. I don't blame them.

In two days, my life has been turned upside down in every aspect. Walking out of the bathroom , I enter the bedroom. Everyone follows behind. Melvin pulls my arm turning me to him. " Jayla we can fix this. Please hear me out.", he says. " Answer me these two questions. The night of Brianna's party did you leave to be with her ? Is she the only one you have been cheating one me with?", I asked him.

Before he could answer and lie , Mya answered for him. " Hun he's always with me and there's been plenty more women before including your sister.", she said. It was like I stepped outside my body and watched me turn into a manic. I grabbed the champagne bottle and smashed it against Melvin's head making him fall. Then I walked over to Mya grabbing her by her hair and started whooping her ass.

Every ounce of anger I felt in my body went into every blow I gave her. Benny and Derek both pulled me off her. She was bloody and her face was tore up. I grabbed my gun off my bed and started pacing back and forth. I couldn't figure who I pissed off in heaven for them to curse my life so much . In the background, everyone was arguing and I needed time and space. I shot the ceiling two more times and shouted " SHUT THE FUCK UP AND GET OUT OF HOUSE". Everyone froze.

When no one moved I shot the ceiling one more time. Mya move to get her clothes and aimed the gun at her. " Since you want to be a hoe so much why don't you show the world your true self,'' I said. She must have thought I was bluffing and tried to grab her clothes. I shot right next to her. She ran out the room naked. Melvin tried to come to me and I aimed the gun at him so he could stop.

" Baby please give me the gun. And let's talk about this. Once everyone leaves we can talk in our home", he said. I looked at him like he had two heads. " OUR HOME ? What home are you talking about. This stop being your home a long time ago. What bills do you pay in this house ? This is my house. I own this house. So I suggest you and mediocre dick get out my house now before I shoot your dick off.", I said right before walking out of the room.