Four

"Ugh thank gods it's over!" Gerard said collapsing on his bed. He stood up again to take off his wig and change his clothes. He settled in a plain t shirt and a ripped jeans. He knew if he was seen he's going to be in trouble.

He lay down on his bed bored and decided to turn on his radio.

"This is Dr Death Defying hoping that Party Poison is safe. He's undercover don't need to worry, Joys. If you're listening Poison. Radio over to tell us that you're safe. This is for you, Poison." Dr. D's voice sounded from the radio followed by Nothing Else Matters.

Gerard immediately turn down the volume and turn the static to number 4. "It's Poison. I'm safe within." Gerard said after turning the correct static. "Copy that, Party Posion." Came the reply from Dr D.

"Is Jet Star there as well?" Gerard asked. "No. Turn to static number 27. He might be there." Dr D replied. "Copy that, Dr D." Gerard replied back and turned the static to number 27. "Jet? Do you copy?" Gerard asked. "Poison?" Came the reply.

"Yeah, It's me. I'm okay though. Just thought you might want an updated news." Gerard said. There's a shuffle at the end of the radio. "Yeah, talk." came Ray's reply.

His two days journey was cramp into an hour and a half. Gerard, not leaving any details out, was still talking.

"Seems like your task is going really well! At this rate, you're going to be back quick." Ray said over the radio.

"Yeah... Any update on the Joys?" Gerard asked since he's not able to talk to them often. "A run out in Zone 2 and 6. That's about it." Ray replied to his question.

Gerard nodded when he realised that Ray can't see him. "That's good news. I've to go now. Patrol is going to start soon." Gerard said. "Okay. Good luck." Ray said and turned off the radio.

Gerard sighed and turn off his radio as well. He hid his radio under his bed. He got up to flushed away 4 pills. Gerard lay back on his bed.

Gerard got bored after an hour so he decided to sneak out and avoid the patrols. He wandered out to the courtyard and was surprised to see Frank sitting out there.

"Hey." He said which makes Frank jumped and turned around quickly.

"Oh it's you. Hey." Frank relaxed when he knew it was Gerard. Frank glanced at his outfit. "Cool outfit. Never thought I'll meet someone who wear a dress code against Better Living."

Gerard glanced down and realised he's still in ripped jeans and the t shirt. His hand immediately went up to his head and was relief to feel his wig. 'Must have threw it on before I came out.' He thought.

"Yeah. Thanks." Gerard said. "May I?" He asked gustering the seat beside him. Frank nodded and scoot over.

Gerard sat down. "Why did you sneak out?" He asked. "I'll tell you why if you tell me why as well." Frank said. Gerard nodded. "Deal."

"Nightmares. I can't sleep, I can't stop replaying the scene in my head. I don't want to bother my roommate everytime I have a nightmare." He said. "We have pills for that didn't we?" Gerard said.

"I might be getting immune to the pills. I took them since I was 6." Frank explained. "Don't you guys have stronger pills?" Gerard asked.