Five

"Gerard, I need your help." Frank voice was heard after they went in Accounting. "What?" Gerard said.

"Well, I... " His voice trailed off as he saw the teacher came in.

"Meet me later night, same time, same place." Frank whispered to Gerard who raised one of his eyebrows but nodded to him.

Gerard pushed his thoughts away trying to get a hold of the lesson that was going on, pretending to pay attention. He felt different, like something turning in his stomach but he can't pinpoint that particular feeling. He sighed turning towards the blackboard.

He tried to focus on the lessons or pretended to. It did not work. His mind wandered to another person, sitting next to him, focusing on the lesson. He can't wait till night time.

At 3am, Gerard went to the courtyard. Frank was already there and this time, Mikey was with him. Gerard walked over to them and tapped them on their shoulders.

"What's up? Why is Mikes here too?" He said. Mikey eyed at his clothes. He's back at wearing his killjoy style outfit, ripped jeans and a t shirt. In his defense, at least he's not wearing a tank top, nor his jacket or his fingerless gloves.

"He insisted on tagging along with me to meet you. He said he wanted to catch up." Frank said. Gerard nodded and took a sit on the floor in front of them.

"And you? What did you call me out for?" Gerard asked once more. "Well, er... I was just hoping to ask about what you said yesterday." Frank replied, rubbing his hand behind his neck and lowering his head, looking down at his lap.

'Cute.' Gerard thought. He shook out the thought quickly and cleared his throat. "Which one?" Gerard asked. "Well, erm... The withdrawing of the pills?" Frank said. Mikey immediately turned to him, his eyes widening at him. "Are you crazy?!" Mikey hissed.

Frank shook his head. "I'm serious, Mikes. Gerard, you seem to have experience in thia based on what you said yesterday." Frank said. Gerard chucked. "Well, I can't say I have experience in this. But I have a friend who told me about the after-effects when withdrawing." He said.

"Please, tell us." Frank asked smiling at him. Mikey could feel something radiating between them and rolled his eyes.

"Well, first, the nightmare you're having is one of the symptoms of withdrawing. Second, mood swings, which are mostly anger or sadness. Third, you will feel strong cravings for the pills, which will be hard to ignore and many would perish at this one. Fourth, you would feel a sense of freedom and  become more emotional. Lastly, you would feel more refreshed and energized." Gerard explained making gestures with his hands.

Frank obviously listened attentively while Mikey is processing everything he heard. It seemed to Mikey that everything Gerard had said came from his own experience instead of his so-called friend that he had mentioned. He was worried about Gerard and what would happen to Frank if he continues with withdrawing from the pills.

"Gee, not gonna lie but it seems that you are talking from experience rather than listening to your friend. I mean did you even eat the pills that were delivered to you?" Mikey asked eyeing at him. "Mikes, I'm sure. I'm not even withdrawing from it. Yes, I'm taking the pills that the school gave us. Promise. You know pills are hard to come by from the Slums. Of course, it's easier now." Gerard said.

Unlike Frank, Mikey does not believe him. "Yea, Victorian. Believe in your brother for once." Frank said. How can he though? The last time he did, he ended up in this stupid academy and spent all the time thinking that he was dead. Dead! Mikey sighed. He would believe him, just this once. The night was peaceful for once between the three of them.  At 5am, they left the courtyard and headed back to their respective dorms as morning patrol starts soon at 5.15am. 

The days went by where they would meet up at the courtyard at 3am every night. Frank has decided to withdraw from the pills and told Gerard his decision that night, where Mikey is too tired to meet up with them. Gerard is super proud of his decision and hugged him. Frank is startled by his sudden movement but he hugged back. "I'm so proud of you, Frankie." Gerard said hugging him tighter.

"Frankie?" Frank said. Gerard chuckled. "Here I am saying how proud I am and you only caught on Frankie?" Gerard said as they pulled away from each other. Frank is in a daze as he looked up at Gerard who was fortunately taller than him. Gerard's eyes soften as he messed up his hair and said "But yes, Frankie. You didn't like it?"

Frank immediately shook his head. "No, no, no. It's nothing like that. It just... It just that it has been a long time that someone had called me by a nickname that was once said from my family." Frank said.

"Oh, I'm sorry, Frank. I didn't know. Should I not call you that and just go with Frank instead?" Gerard suggested. "No! I mean, no. It's fine. Frankie is fine. It just been a long time, you know. It's just... nostalgic." Frank said, smiling up at him, his hand reaching out for Gerard's head where his black haired wig lies.

Gerard immediately reached out and grab his hand out of habit. Frank was startled by his rough movement. Gerard immediately let go and apologized to him. "I'm sorry. I did that out of reflex. But please, try not to touch my hair. It's kinda a restricted area on my head. Haha." Gerard said

"Oh..." Frank said looking disappointed. "Hey, hey. Look at me." Gerard said and Frank looked up to face him. "Just because it's restricted now. It doesn't mean it's gonna be in the future. Maybe next time, Frankie." Gerard said as Frank blushes and nodded shyly.

If Mikey is here to witness this disgusting amount of love that between these two, he would have gagged immediately. It's just too bad that the two of them are completely oblivious on the amount of love that they're were pouring in front of themselves.

The only same thought that were circling them was 'What is this weird feeling that I always have when seeing him everyday?'

Hey guys! Yes, I'm finally back. I actually was gonna abandon this fic as it was on hiatus for almost 2 years now. I just lost the inspiration that I once had burning within me. I changed my writing style as well but please do tell me where could I improve as a writer! I actually started college now so yay, I guess. I was actually gone on wattpad for almost one year or so. Since the ads were going crazy, I just logged off. Recent events had led me to take up something that I once loved. So, here I am. Back at wattpad, working on fics that I once  abandoned. The chapters for this story is gonna be shorter that what I have actually planned. So, I'm sorry if the plot would seem rushed. Thank you for sticking with this book even though there are a few of you guys reading but I still appreciate that you guys are still here with me. Stay safe and healthy!

This week Beta commentary:
Leona: AHHHHHHH IT'S BEEN SO LONGGGGG ok they're just so sweet I can't dhejdnjejsbekwjdgeiwk also Mikes is super relatable uwu