Breakfast With Her

JUGHEAD POV

I got ready the next morning and made sure to do a breathing treatment before going to breakfast. I also tried to hack up any mucus there was, but nothing. I took my pills and looked back at my fingertips. Blue and purple were there colors. My oxygen tube was the only thing I was living off of.

I made my way to the cafeteria and saw Betty sitting there. I went in and sat across from her and she smiled when she saw me. I looked at my finger tips one more time, but she grabbed my hands and held them.

"Betty...I can't eat."

"What?"

"I have a really hard time eating. My body is telling me that I can't eat. Then my fingers are always so shaky and I have a hard time holding on to stuff." I moaned. Betty puts down my hands, grabs the spoon, gets cereal on the spoon.

"Open your mouth." Betty demanded. I did and she put the spoon in my mouth. Yup, she was feeding me. She fed me the whole bowl and then helped me drink orange juice. We went back to my room and she had me do a breathing treatment and take more pills. When I was done with the breathing treatment, she held a bowl in front of me and I puked up a lot of mucus. She rinsed the bowl out and set it to dry and sat next to me on the bed.

"So Jug...today we've officially known each other for a month."

"November 1? No crap?" I asked. Betty shook her head and then rested her head on my shoulder.

"One month you were really annoying...you still are really annoying." I said sarcastically. Betty playfully slapped me on my back and giggled.

"Why are you still here?" I asked.

"What do you mean?"

"Why do you still like me? Why do you want a relationship with me?"

"Because you're still you! You're funny, sarcastic, nice, and an empath. Not to mention, you're incredibly handsome." Betty smiled and looked at me. Her hand stroked my face and I kissed her forehead. We looked at each other and kissed. I held her close to me. The truth was, I needed her more than she needed me.