Chapter 6 - The Flower Of Forgiveness

A/N: Ai might start getting OOC (not like he wasn't until now lmao).

July.

What a beautiful month.

No clouds were covering the perfectly blue sky. The sun was shining brightly, shimmering through the glass window and giving just enough light for everyone to see. The birds' singing outside made everyone want to fill their life with music as well.

Ah, yes... splendid day indeed.
It was the perfect day to...

Sit in front of your desk and work.

I crumbled up yet another paper, throwing it into the trash can with a tired groan.

Composing. Again. When it's at least 100 degrees outside.
I am... dying.

Of course, I wasn't working on such a hot summer day because I wanted to. A certain, now yet again completely blue-haired not-so-lovely demon made me.
Saying that I still compose like a seven-year-old.
Several times, I reached for my phone again to write my brother an at least hundred feet long complaint and begging to quit the job...
But then I always remembered the night that I spent with him. How kind he was, how he smiled and laughed, and for once in a lifetime loosened up and forgot about work.
At those times, my mind went blank, and my hand reaching for the holy foundation that could save me from this hell froze. And I always decided to give it more time. I don't know why. But something, something was telling me to stay here.

And if I return empty-handed, I will probably just get Father angry on myself...

A shiver ran down my spine, and I quickly returned my attention to the compose sheet, a frown forming on my face.

*knock knock*

I picked up my head.
"No, Mikaze-senpai, I didn't fall asleep yet," I yelled to the other side of the door in a bored voice.

"Ah! No, etto... It's Otoya."

"Huh?" I breathed out, standing up and walking towards the door to open it. As expected, the red-headed puppy king was staring right back at me with a smile. "Ah... hi, Otoya. Do you need something?"
"Not... practically." he chuckled rubbing the back of his neck, then changed his tone to an excited one. "I just wanted to ask you to do something fun since it's so warm outside!"
". . ."
I sighed. "Otoyaaaa...~ I hope you remember what happened the last time you and your potato friend kidnapped me from work."
He yelped. "Y-Yeah! But, um... We could ask Ai-senpai about it this time!"
"Yeah, and he would probably say yes, wouldn't he?" I sweatdropped.
"Yeah, that's what I'm talking about! C'mon, let's ask him!"
"H-Hey, I was being sarcaaaAAAA--- OTOYAAA LET GOOOOO!!!" I screamed as I suddenly found myself being dragged down the hall by the overexcited redhead.
"AIIIIII-SENPAI!!!!"

Yup, I am so dead, I am so dead, I am so dead...

~■♡■~

After being dragged down the corridors for a good ten minutes, Mikaze so happened to turn on the corner that Otoya was going to turn at, resulting in them almost bumping into each other, and me, by the sudden stop, falling on my face.
"Ai-senpai, yokatta!" Otoya panted about, grabbing Mikaze by the shoulders.
"H-Hey...!" he yelped.
"Nee, I can take [F/N]-chan to hiking today, right? Nee? Nee? Neee??" he jabbered, leaning more into his face with every word, making Mikaze jolt backward in complete confusement. (Is that a word? XD)

Hiking?

When it's so hot outside you can basically fry eggs on the asphalt? Don't people go to the beach these days?

Also, I'm completely fine here on the ground, boys. It's very generous of you to ask.

"First things first: can you please let me go?" Mikaze narrowed his eyes at him.
"!! G-Gomen!!" Otoya yelped quickly jumping off of the aqua head.
"Second things second: I think it's quite impolite of both of us that we are talking while [L/N] being on the ground."
".... WAAH! GOMEN [F/N]!!" he yelped about to grab me from the ground, but a white-skinned hand already was in front of me. I looked up.
Mikaze was offering me his left hand, staring at me with his blue orbs so bluntly as if I wouldn't be lying in front of him on the ground.