A big moment

It was the first Friday of the month, and as per usual, one could find the Scamander brothers at the Leaky Cauldron with their friends; Jacob and Tina. The 4 friends sat at their usual table in the back, talking, laughing and drinking a few too many.

'Hold up. You're telling me, you're in love with your boss's daughter?! And you didn't even know?!'

'Well, I knew I was in love with her, just not that she was a Travers.'

Theseus grinned, as the rest laughed whole-heartedly. Newt watched in amazement how Theseus managed to turn a moment, which would easily be embarrassing, into a laugh for all instead of one at his expense. In many ways he was happy to be so different from his brother, but he had often wished to have that particular talent.

'Touché' Jacob chuckled.

As his brother and best friend made jokes about Theseus's love life, Newt took a moment to glance at Tina. He marveled at how the candlelight reflected in her eyes. She noticed him looking at her and show him a love filled smile. And Newt looked down, embarrassed Tina had noticed his staring. She just laughed softly. There was very little Newt could do, she would not find endearing. Nor were there many moments in which Newt would not consider Tina the most beautiful woman on earth.

When at the end of the night Theseus and Newt arrived at home Newt didn't fall down onto the couch, to his brother's surprise.

'Everything okay, Newt? Or do you still need to feed everyone in the basement.'

Newt shook his head. ' No, I did that before going to the Leaky Cauldron.'

Newts voice sounded somewhat disconnected, as if his mind was far away. Theseus furrowed his brow, a slight hint of worry coming over him as he looked at the odd but peaceful expression on his younger brother's face. He stood up and walked over to Newt, pressing his hand against the wizard's forehead.

Newt swatted the hand away. 'What are you doing, Thee?' Newt chuckled.

'Checking if you're not ill. You seem off, brother. Are you sure you feel alright?'

Newt nodded eagerly. 'I feel wonderful, Theseus. I have decided I am going to ask Tina to marry me.'

As Newt walked past his older brother, Theseus's eyes widened slightly, before he turned around with and excited smile. 'Seriously?'

Newt nodded and was quickly enveloped in a bear hug from his brother. 'That's wonderful Newt.' Theseus pulled back, slightly; clapping his brother on his shoulder. 'If there is anything I can do to help, just let me know, yeah?'

Newt nodded. 'I just need to think of how to approach this first.'

Theseus nodded. 'Probably. Well, just let me know when you have an idea, alright?'

'I will.'

On Monday afternoon, work was boring Newt to death. Sitting in his shared office, he let his mind wander. To no surprise is wandered to Tina. He smiled as he remembered her smile, the sparkle in her eyes and the sound of her laugh. He thought of how he gently she treated the nifflers, no matter how annoying the become. And suddenly and idea popped into his head. He quickly jumped up, and (quite clumsily) ran down the halls to his brother's office. He nearly bumped into about 3 people on the way, and tripped over his feet once in his cheer excitement. When he reached the office, he ignored his brother's assistant, nor did he knock.

'Theseus I've had an idea!' he called as he ran into the room.

He froze in his tracks, turning red in embarrassment, as his eyes fell on Theseus, kissing Delphi Travers. The pair pulled back, and though Delphi seemed rather surprised and worried even, Theseus seemed completely unfazed by his brother's sudden rush into the room.