A dangerous game; Part 1

'Well well, will you look at that.'

Vinda watched with curiosity as a grin appeared on Grindelwald's face.

'Have you had another vision?'

'Indeed I have.'

Vinda mirrored his grin. 'So what have you found out today?'

'I have learned of one very important girl.' Grindelwald stood up from his armchair and walked over to the large glass windows overlooking the mountains. The setting sun bathing the world in an orange warm glow. 'Delphina Travers.' He laughed a sinister chuckle. 'Oh dear, is she in trouble.'

'Who is she?' Vinda elegantly got out of her armchair, joining Grindelwald by the window. A look of wicked curiosity shaping her face.

'Daughter to Mr. Torquil Travers, the British head of magical law enforcement, and girlfriend to Theseus Scamander, the British head auror and war hero.'

The grin on Grindelwald's face turned dark and sinister.

Vinda laughed. 'Oof. It looks like this girl has just become very interesting.'

'Indeed she has. Let's give the order for her capture. Torturing aurors through their own pain might be useless, but I am sure hurting such a precious girl will have them doing anything I want them too. And if we have to sacrifice an innocent young girl to reach our goals. So be it.'

'For the greater good.' Vinda's voice was laced with malice, and outside the door, listening in from the hall, Credence felt shivers go up his spine.

The lanterns on London's streets were slowly turning on as Theseus walked towards Delphi's Apartment. There was a spring to his step; there always seemed to be when he went to pick up Delphi for a date. However, his smile fell as he approached her door and saw it damaged. He quickly rushed over, only to find the door had been opened by force. A cold worry took over him. He took his wand in his hand and silently walked into the flat. The furniture in the living room was turned upside down, a vase scattered in broken pieces on the floor. Worst of all were the drops of blood he could see on the carpet.

'Homenum Revelio' he whispered softly.

Nothing changed. He took a deep and shaky breath as he slowly walked through the flat, trying to find clues. He finally found one on the kitchen table; a deathly hallows symbol. Theseus's heart sank to his feet. He snapped up the pendant and apparated away.

The next morning, as aurors trickled into the ministry, they all whispered about Mr. Travers being in the worst mood ever. There were some rumours about some terrible news he had received, which had caused him to lose his calm, but no one knew for sure. All they heard was that early that morning a soul shattering, wailing scream of desperation had come from the office, surprising everyone who heard it.

Tina had heard the murmurs as she entered. Less than an hour later she spotted Theseus as she walked along the hall. She quickly caught up with him, but when he turned around to face her, the look on his face made her heart drop.

'Mercy Lewis. Theseus what happened? Everyone's talking about Travers losing it... what's going on?'

Theseus closed his eyes, trying not to let the tears fall. 'They've got Delphi...'

Before Tina could react he turned around again and rushed off.

'Mercy Lewis...' Tina whispered to herself as she stood still, frozen to the spot in the middle of the hallway.